Should Pekka Rinne Be On The Trading Block

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
no. Vokoun was ready to step up and play right then. That was fairly obvious to most of us at the time after watching him for two years

Same could have been said about Mason and Ellis and they fell flat. You can always say a goalie is ready but until they are the starter you never know. We thought Mason was good to go but he did better in the backup role and fell flat once he was announced the starter. Funny how pressure gets to goalies. There's always a risk when goalie changes happen.

I'm not saying we should move Rinne but at the very least it should be considered and if it means we're better off long term we shouldn't be afraid to pull the trigger.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Rinne ****ing sucks....isnt even a top 20 goalie this season

Ben Vanderklok sucks. I don't know why the team is so cheap they hired an AHL goalie coach with no NHL experience and expected to compete. Classic case of you get what you paid for.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Ben Vanderklok sucks. I don't know why the team is so cheap they hired an AHL goalie coach with no NHL experience and expected to compete. Classic case of you get what you paid for.
Yeah. Funny thing, how losing Mitch Korn could go badly. I wonder if anyone ever mentioned that during all those "Fire Trotz" discussions...

Nothing Is New

Sep 26, 2011
No. Give it some time. Something in between burn the house down and nothing. Maybe sit him for a few games.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Trade Rinne, Ekholm, Neal & 2016 1st.

That should get you a good center and then some.

Perhaps Johansen for a combo? They desperately need D.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I honestly don't think Jones would get us what we'd hope he would right now.
Probably not, but that's just reason not to trade him. And I'm getting a little testy at folks who seem to presume Jones or Johansen are the answer to their woes because "they're desperate and have to move the guy". When it's from one such team to the other, I get especially cranky. ;)

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Maybe, but I have no clue what he would fetch. We'd lose that deal massively. Call me crazy but I think Rinne will bounce back, I believe in him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad