Speculation: Should Meruelo buy the Suns?

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
They’re saying that a former Disney CEO Bob Iger is interested and he’s buddies with Adam Silver so I’d be surprised if it’s not him. But also I think Jahm Najafi who is a current minority owner wants to become the majority owner too. Meruelo I would bet is interested but I have a feeling there’s 4 or 5 others they’re more interested in selling to

cobra427

May 6, 2012
They’re saying that a former Disney CEO Bob Iger is interested and he’s buddies with Adam Silver so I’d be surprised if it’s not him. But also I think Jahm Najafi who is a current minority owner wants to become the majority owner too. Meruelo I would bet is interested but I have a feeling there’s 4 or 5 others they’re more interested in selling to
Existing investors are buying him out, they have the right to do it, if their agreements are written like any I have seen.

87turbobuick

Jan 13, 2011
Phoenix
Good for him to cash out.
Sarver's share is reported at 35% ownership, so around $630M is what they are saying in the media. Rumors for years that the Sun's second biggest investor has wanted a bigger stake in the team too. This is probably his chance to grab majority stake.

Edit: It's Jahm Najafi, who has also called for Sarver to resign. Seems like he might already using this to his advantage, posturinghe has not
Other than he claims he doesn’t want control.

But then again, he and his brother and one other have tried to run Sarver out for years.
He also supported Paula Deen who was outed as a racist so lets see if the woke NBA players come after him.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
But also I think Jahm Najafi who is a current minority owner wants to become the majority owner too.
I just now found out he's also a vice chairman (or at least was in 2020) of the F1 team McLaren....so the whole papaya power (McLaren's orange matches the Suns') thing - they put Suns decals on their cars during the finals run - was deeper than it looked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad