Should MacDavid use Coronavirus break to get his torn PCL repaired?

Should McDavid get his torn PCL repaired?

• Total voters

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
If the problem can be fixed without surgery then that's always the best option. It's clearly fine as is.

Reactions: Ulysses31

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Surgery will permanently affect his skating/strength, rehab has the potential of him recovering with time. So why go for the bad quick fix when he has time?

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Personally I wouldn't want to be anywhere near a hospital/operating room these days - even under uber private/high end care someone like McDavid would get. I think that has to at least be a consideration, and reason to maybe wait a bit.

Also - no. Oilers are really well positioned to go on a cup run. The have the 2 best players in the NHL this year - and if we see a shortened playoff scenario, it might benefit a team like them who relies so much on 2 players. Maybe over the long run (best of 7, 4 round) better overall teams shine - but in shorter series, 2 players alone are more likely to be able to tip the scale their team's way. If I was an Oiler fan - i'd rather keep him healthy for upcoming potential playoffs.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Best case-scenario he has a doctor and nurse do it at his house right now.

But I doubt it given the circumstances right now.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I'm not a doctor so can't really speculate but if it would help and the only risk is possibly missing games IF they happen in July or whatever, then he might as well go for it IMO.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Should a group of random people on the internet who aren't doctors have ANY say in this whatsoever?

Reactions: Satan

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
The ligament reattached itself. The surgery would just introduce complications, and is often not even effective.

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
no expert but he seemed fully rehabbed this season. if i had to guess hes using the off to time to continue his off-season regiment to strengthen his knee further.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Absolutely not. Healing without surgery, if it works, is the best chance of preserving the McDavid we all want to watch.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
So he sprouted a new PCL?
If I remember correctly during the documentary they did on it he did certain motions and rehab that influenced the injuries he had to heal without surgery. I can't remember if it was his PCL it might have been other ligaments in his knee and that's why he wears his brace.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
So he sprouted a new PCL?
"Connor McDavid: Whatever It Takes" tells a compelling story of a super-elite athlete with an iron will | Edmonton Journal

"That accounts for about 80 of the over 1,000 hours of rehab that ruled Connor McDavid’s summer as he demonstrated a commitment to recovery that brings back awe-struck memories of Canadian rowing great Silken Laumann. In between times there was plenty of doubt as to whether they’d undertake the right decision. Would the fibres of the severed PCL bridge the gap to re-attach and heal naturally? Each time McDavid underwent an MRI the good news was slow in coming."

"Finally came some good news when an MRI revealed the fibres were starting to cross the gap and reconnect. That signalled the next step in the rehab process. “Now let’s start loading it a little bit. That’s where the pool comes in, I spent so many hours in that pool it was ridiculous.”"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad