Should Leafs make the playoff - Which player elevates their game?

Brozak

i scoreded a goal
May 30, 2009
Kitchener, ON
No JVR wow

I didn't include JVR because he's actually one of our point leaders this regular season, so I can only hope he produces at the same pace, or more. Same thing with the obvious Kadri, Lupul, Kessel, Phaneuf, etc. don't need to be included as they are not surprises. They should and will do well.

I voted Grabo, but I could see Bozak turning it up a notch as well.

Yosho

Logic
Mar 30, 2010
Kitchener, ON
What's with all the pessimists around here?? We ARE going to make the playoffs!!!!!! We have full ownership of 5TH place in the east. We would have to completely bomb and have 4 other teams below us go on a streak of beastly proportions in order to leapfrog us. Go take your TUMS and relax. We are in the playoffs. Stop worrying about it. I know its long time coming but come on people enjoy the rest of the regular season which is no more than a formality at this point.

Remember Ottawa is dropping, Carolina, Philly and buffalo are pretty much out of the running Where is our competition? Who is going to knock us out of a playoff spot??

WE ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!
GOOOOOOOOOO LLLLLEEEEEAAAAFFFFFSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

The Leafs are 6 points out of 9th, with 18 points remaining on the table.

Forgive the pessimism, but anything can happen.

TheKingSlayer

He was in the way!
Mar 12, 2008
Ottawa
I am going to go with Frattin. The kid is gonna wanna show he belongs for next year, and if the fans clamour for more Frattin, the boss is gonna have to give them what they want!!! Frattin could very well act like a Dwight King style impact for the Leafs in the playoffs.

IWD

May 28, 2003
Visit site
I have a feeling that Kadri will be a complete ******* to play against. Having Orr and MacLaren in the lineup seems to make everyone on the team use a larger jockstrap.

Egoclapper

Dec 21, 2010
Lupul came back with a vengeance after his arm injury.. don't even know what to expect come playoffs when he returns from his "upper body" injury.

Kadri has been money in the playoffs in junior and the AHL.

MLSE might as well get estimates on statues for these two.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I sincerely think Grabo will become our fourth line centre in the playoffs. That line last game of Kulemin, Mcclement and Komarov really looked like a go to shutdown line that Calyle really likes to lean on. When the games get tough, I have a feeling these will be the lines:

JVR/Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul/JVR - Kadri - MacA
Kulemin - Mcclement - Komarov
Orr - Grabovski - Mcclaren/Hamilton

Ace88*

Been waiting to see Grabovksi in the playoffs since i first saw him play. Everything about him screams playoff warrior. I really think our bottom 6 will play a gigantic role in any success we have. Guys like Komarov, McClement, McLaren will be huge. Just a feeling.

beleaf67

Mar 2, 2013
Ottawa Valley
still cannot vote... I guess my probation is not over yet... :huh:

I would vote for Grabo.... He has to breakout one day. :sarcasm: Also he plays well vs. Habs and Bruins (most likely who are going to face in the first round)...

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
If the Leafs make it, aside from their big guns (Kadri, Kessel, Lupul, Phaneuf, Reimer) I could see Kulemin going beast mode.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Grabo.

He has a lot to prove and needs to justify his contract. If he doesn't play well,odds are his days here are numbered.

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
We are 99% in the playoffs, so not sure why people are still afraid.

I chose other, for Jay McClement. I know we all like him right now, however I think we will see another side to him in the playoffs. It's a gut feeling mostly.

Runner up is Grabo. As much as I am ready for him to move on (mainly for cap reasons), he just seems like a playoff guy.

We're technically 99.7% in.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Northeast/Toronto.html

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
I'm going with Dion. Watching him bully Crosby behind the net when we were playing the pens made me really happy. I feel like once the refs put the whistles away in the playoffs, Dion is going to get real physical, bordering on dirty.. And I can't wait. :) He's going to be a real ***** to play against.

Oh and Lupul of course. If he can elevate his game further to what he was playing after he came back..

HM: Grabo, Kadri

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
I voted Grabo but also wanted an honourable mention to Komarov. I have a feeling he'll be a real stand out. The playoffs seem designed for players like him. It's going to be a lot of fun watching him run over everybody in his way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad