Should Galchenyuk Start the First 25 Games Next Season As Second Line Center

Winter Eclipse

Nov 28, 2013
New York, NY
You heard this "narrative" before Galchenyuk's rookie season ?

nice... :shakehead

Or perhaps the non-stop *****ing on these boards makes it feel like it's been 3 years. Understandable mistake. :sarcasm:

:rolleyes:

(1) I heard this narrative leading up to the 2013-2014 season, how he'd compete for Center and of course he'd be moved off the wing 'cause he'd be totally motivated to show what he's got.

(2) I then heard it again leading up to this season, how it'd be very strange if the insightful hockey tactician we have in Therrien didn't give Galch a long look at Center, and that Galch would obviously be playing to prove himself.

(3) I now hear it again, talking about next season.

So yeah, 3rd season running. Not sure what you didn't understand there?

Last edited:

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
I was thinking if Galch has been misused, playing with 2 of our three best players in the position he was drafted in, PP minutes, 22 shifts a game and all, right out of junior....

Then Drouin must be ruined in Tampa. His coach can't even find a spot for that #3 overall in his lineup, and when he makes it in he's off position and plays sparingly.

Drouin wishes he had half the opportunity Galch has had, and if he was in Galch's spot this year would have likely put up better numbers. 32 points in 70 games playing no pp and bottom 6, 12 minutes a game,out of position.

Winter Eclipse

Nov 28, 2013
New York, NY
I was thinking if Galch has been misused, playing with 2 of our three best players in the position he was drafted in, PP minutes, 22 shifts a game and all, right out of junior....

Galchenyuk started and has been developed on the wing, the bolded portion above is a blatant fabrication on your part.

Then Drouin must be ruined in Tampa. His coach can't even find a spot for that #3 overall in his lineup, and when he makes it in he's off position and plays sparingly.

Right, because the caliber of the players we're favoring over Galchenyuk in Montreal, are exactly the same as the caliber of players Tampa is favoring over Drouin.

Drouin wishes he had half the opportunity Galch has had, and if he was in Galch's spot this year would have likely put up better numbers. 32 points in 70 games playing no pp and bottom 6, 12 minutes a game,out of position.

You conveniently forgot to add "...in a system that promotes offense"

If Drouin was here he'd be getting the same 2-way, defense heavy "development" Galchenyuk currently is. It's truly bizarre (or disingenuous) to argue that the results a player gets in a system that was 1st in the League in generating goals and which features Stamkos, Johnson, Kucherov, and Palat would be similar to those he'd produce playing in a chip-dump-grind system that was in the bottom half of the League in goals, and alongside guys like Desharnais, Plekanec, Weise, and Gallagher.

Last edited:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I am not sure if Eller has the potential to be a second line centre on a good team.

He was our second best forward in the playoffs ... still not very good lol.

He is above average on the PK but not great.

I am not sure if he is as good defensively as the forum thinks.

Eller played the vast majority of his time with Prust/DSP/Weise/DLR. PAP is the only potentially capable offensive player he's had time with.

It's really impossible to know how he would do in sustained time on the top two lines.
We know he has decent offensive skills. How would that translate if we just gave him offensive duties. I have a tough time believing he couldn't reach the 40-50pt mark.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Drouin is a rookie, he played 70 games this year, he scored 4g (although put up 28 assists). He played 133min on the PP, so you need to get your facts right. He averaged just under 2min of PP per game. He also had opportunities to play with top 6 guys like Stamkos, Killorn, Callahan, Namestnikov, Filpulla. It was very scattered but he did got some ice time with them.
But he's a rookie on a team that lead the NHL in scoring. It's somewhat normal that he's used in limited ice time and on the bottom lines.

He played more than Galchenyuk during his rookie year, got more PP time, and given more opportunities. So really don't know what you're talking about.
Galchenyuk, still in his 3rd year, was kept on the wing to favor David freaking Desharnais.

Not at all comparable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad