Should Galchenyuk Start the First 25 Games Next Season As Second Line Center

Odelein24

Sep 17, 2009
Montreal
Yes. Imagine how much further along he'd be in his development if we had done this 2 years ago. Now here we are 2 years later, no cups and Galchenyuk no closer to being a center, makes me sad.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Sure. Let him prove that he belongs there.

Its his to earn or lose.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Galchenyuk should play on the wing to continue his offensive development, he'll be too pre-occupied with playing a two-way game to generate consistent offense at centre.

Two years later, when Galchenyuk actually does pretty well at the wing, he should stay on the wing because he is already doing so well, why bother changing a good thing? Let DD take the centre position and the responsibility of leading the team to victory.............

I kid, **** it, try him at centre, give him time to adapt, profit later.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Eller and Galchenyuk should be top two centres -- if Therrien has balls.

No way in hell Eller should or could be a top 2 Center. Not since he got hit against Ottawa. That boy has fear in him since then and misses that split second needed to make high end plays on the run. Eller is an elite, puck possession 3rd or -- wait for it -- 4th line C.

4th line C because he's incapable of feeding his wingers. Sure can hold onto the puck, though, until the play gets whistled….

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
No way in hell Eller should or could be a top 2 Center. Not since he got hit against Ottawa. That boy has fear in him since then and misses that split second needed to make high end plays on the run. Eller is an elite, puck possession 3rd or -- wait for it -- 4th line C.

4th line C because he's incapable of feeding his wingers. Sure can hold onto the puck, though, until the play gets whistled….

He looked fine during the playoffs. He often fed the puck well and Prust whiffed.

You should watch the games.

Lions999

Jun 28, 2011
Galchenyuk
Eller
Plekanec
DLR
In this order, get rid of DD,PAP,DSP they have to go...
Trade DD Emelin and 1st for eberle
And pick up a fourth liner that hits like a truck someone like Matt Martin

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
We seem to be overwhelmingly at odds with our coach and GM. Our voices aren't heard, but seems like Hockey People think the same, hope that puts a doubt in MB's head about what his coach is doing.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
We seem to be overwhelmingly at odds with our coach and GM. Our voices aren't heard, but seems like Hockey People think the same, hope that puts a doubt in MB's head about what his coach is doing.

Or it will make him more stubborn.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I care more than he ends the year as center but obviously it's his time to play center. Let him get a fair shot at 2nd line C to begin the year.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
I think you guys put a lot of weight on Gally's shoulders. The guy has been developping as a future top line LW. I'm not sure he can become the center they'd hope he'd become, but that dosen't mean he won't be a valuable player.

I don't get the obsession of putting the guy at center. Yeah I know we need an upgrade for DD but Gally has been impressing me with his play on the wing, I do hope (dream) he's going to be as good as Gretzky but I could live with a 60 points LW.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
How about having started him 25 games last season? Even if it meant not winning the St-Louis Blues Memorial Trophy for regular season excellence....

Now the Center situation has gotten so bad. I just don't care. Put anyone. Get anyone. Just get the clowns out of there... Look at the top-2 Centers for the 3 remaining teams, we shouldn't even be allowed to play in the same playoffs as them...

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I think you guys put a lot of weight on Gally's shoulders. The guy has been developping as a future top line LW. I'm not sure he can become the center they'd hope he'd become, but that dosen't mean he won't be a valuable player.

I don't get the obsession of putting the guy at center. Yeah I know we need an upgrade for DD but Gally has been impressing me with his play on the wing, I do hope (dream) he's going to be as good as Gretzky but I could live with a 60 points LW.

Not putting any weight on his shoulders. The hope is he is a center but we will never find out unless he is given the opportunity. That is all that is being asked for here, that he be given the chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad