News Article: Should Flyers re-acquire Jaromir Jagr?

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
Should Flyers re-acquire Jaromir Jagr?

One name which has been circulating through the rumor mill is Jaromir Jagr.

Could the Flyers possibly target re-acquiring Jagr from Dallas?

Stars GM Joe Nieuwendyk is in a tough spot. The Stars (13-12-3) awoke in 11th place on Wednesday, but they’re only a point back of a playoff spot. The problem is that even 14th place Calgary is just four points back of one, too. There’s a logjam between 8th and 14th - and the Stars need to decide where they fall.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/frequentflyers/Should-Flyers-re-acquire-Jagr.html

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
To bring him in now... I don't see the point. Would I love to have him back here next year, for a full season... He'll yes....

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Not unless he is acquired for next to nothing. I'd do a 5th or higher. Maybe a 4th depending on where they are at the deadline. Anything else is ridiculous. This team is not making the playoffs. If they surge somehow to be in striking distance at the deadline, I could see it as a last ditch effort to show the fans or something they still want to compete, but I wouldn't give anything more than previously mentioned. This team should be selling, not buying.

mantis toboggan

Aug 2, 2009
South Jersey
A month ago I would've said yes but it's just too late now. We are out of the playoffs, no use giving up assets for a rental. I wouldn't be against signing him whenever he is a ufa, I'm not sure if that would be this summer or next. As long as its not a rediculous deal

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
If they do, the Flyers should officially change their logo to this.....:shakehead

1665-RecyclingSymbolGreen-web.jpg

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
So aside from being utterly pointless, we probably can't move the pick he suggests we trade?

Another gem from the Philadelphia media.

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
A month ago I would've said yes but it's just too late now. We are out of the playoffs, no use giving up assets for a rental. I wouldn't be against signing him whenever he is a ufa, I'm not sure if that would be this summer or next. As long as its not a rediculous deal

I agree with ya

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
no, if they wanna give him a look for next season for cheap fine as i think he really helped out g off the ice/with his confidence (i don't really think he helped him that much on the ice).

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
(A) Too late
(B) Won't that look brilliant after they didn't want to pay him 8 months ago

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
I vote no. We should be sellers not buyers. Homer only has to tinker here for next year and a good draft would put us in the right direction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad