Should Buffalo replace Bylsma with Lindy Ruff?

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
Replace him with anyone idc who it is, lindy ruff, eakins, hell i'd even take a burning bag of poo poo instead of this moron !

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Ruff will go to LA.

My wild prediction is Sutter goes to Las Vegas.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
No there are much better coaches around. Bylsma is easily the worst in the NHL though, he's horrendous.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
For a roster filled with young talent that needs molded and nurtured and developed, Bylsma was the worst possible choice. It still absolutely blows my mind that after seeing what was done in Pittsburgh, that the Buffalo front office thought it would be a good idea to hire Disco Dan. Mind boggling. Buffalo will only be spinning its tires until it cans Bylsma.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Bednar was never given his chance. Was Eakins that bad or were the Oilers just talentless?

Well considering that Renney and Krueger before him had similar rosters and were posting better records with better underlying stats, I'd say he was just that bad.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
For a roster filled with young talent that needs molded and nurtured and developed, Bylsma was the worst possible choice. It still absolutely blows my mind that after seeing what was done in Pittsburgh, that the Buffalo front office thought it would be a good idea to hire Disco Dan. Mind boggling. Buffalo will only be spinning its tires until it cans Bylsma.

He was their plan B coach. They should have had a better plan b.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
They lost they're 2 best centers over the past three seasons imo. They are expansion level bad.

Vegas is going to have a 60-70 point veteran C, 50-60 point former first overall pick with top end speed, a 40 point d-man, an above average starting goaltender and NHL-calibre vets throughout their entire roster next year?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
With 2 recent cups on his resume I think Sutter will have better job offers than an expansion team.

It may be his choice. He gets to mold the systems and playing style of a completely new team.

It's what Lemaire did with the Wild.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Bednar was never given his chance. Was Eakins that bad or were the Oilers just talentless?

Eakins was that bad, at least for the roster the Oilers had he was that bad. His "swarm" defense game plan was the most embarrassing crap I've ever seen. He took a team that showed legitimate improvements under Krueger and brought the team squarely back to game one. He was also incredibly arrogant and loved to speak in lofty platitudes. Still remember during his hiring press conference where he guaranteed that no team would would be more fit, and the Oilers would never get outworked in a game.

His style might have worked better with a more veteran team, and who knows, maybe if he's given another chance he might learn from his experiences (sort of like Gulutzan in Calgary has).

But I watched the Oilers for 10 years of the most embarrasing stretch in NHL history. He was by far the worst coach of any of: MacT, Quinn, Renney, Krueger, Eakins, Nelson or now McLellan.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
Vegas is going to have a 60-70 point veteran C, 50-60 point former first overall pick with top end speed, a 40 point d-man, an above average starting goaltender and NHL-calibre vets throughout their entire roster next year?
No but what good did that do this year? Colorado is imbalanced and until they they fix that no coach will solve their problems. Too much dead weight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad