Should Bergevin pull a Lou Lamoriello???

Firthbird

#Drivefor25
Jan 23, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Easy question folks.

On April 2, 2007, Lou Lamoriello terminated Julien, despite his coaching the Devils to a 47–24–8 record which at the time was leading the Atlantic Division and tied for the second-best record in the Eastern Conference. Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello said that despite the team's stellar record, he didn't feel Julien had it ready for the playoffs.

This is unlikely to happen, but would you like to see Bergevin have some balls and do the unthinkable?!

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
You don't get far in the POs if you change coach and philosophy a week before. This off season though a lot of questions will need answers.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
Wouldn't it be easier to give him a lead filled cigar then just replace him when he comes down with a mysterious case of lead poisoning?
Then in the off-season make him a special consultant and ship him off to newfoundland

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I'd say that MT needs to go. He's been getting worst every year. Why did we go from being an aggressive team that carries the puck to this?

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
I would love it, but no you don't, Lamoriello can coach, MB can't... but unless MT or I should say Price wins the Cup, MB better have a list of coaches to replace MT. MT is the biggest problem this team faces, by far.

Firthbird

#Drivefor25
Jan 23, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
I'd say that MT needs to go. He's been getting worst every year. Why did we go from being an aggressive team that carries the puck to this?

I agree.. in the shortened season MT coached a less talented team as a puck possession team.. yet somehow we have more skill now and all we do is dump and chase..:(

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Lou fired Julien when he was informed by the leaders that players were disrespecting the coach and shooting pucks at him.

No one on this team dare go over Therrien's head to Bergevin because they know Bergevin LOVES WHAT HES SEEING. If he didn't he wouldn't have extended Therrien and his staff for FOUR YEARS.

It's not a bumper deal he's gotten, but a "you're now set for life, thanks for all your accomplishments and hard work" contract.

Bergevin is of the same cloth as Therrien. You guys love Bergevin, so now you can deal with his moves.

HabsFan76

Nov 3, 2011
Canada
Wait until the offseason. Regardless, MT has to go no matter how far the Habs make it in the playoffs.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
#babcockdreaming

If you consider all thats been said regarding Babcock and his wishes
We have to be considered dark horses in the babcock sweepstakes

we can afford him
We have the basis for a good team with a young core in place
and finally we have an owner with deep pockets that wants to win

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
Question 2 :

Would you accept an embarrassing first round exit if it means Therrien and his sidekicks are gone after ?

HabsFan76

Nov 3, 2011
Canada
Question 2 :

Would you accept an embarrassing first round exit if it means Therrien and his sidekicks are gone after ?

Almost everyone here would including myself. However the only thing resulting from being swept is a shorter leash for MT. MB still thinks we are in transition after all and a 4 and out in the first round isn't something that warrants a coaching change.

MB has full faith in his coaching staff which is very unfortunate.

samsquanch9*

Question 2 :

I would accept a first round sweep of 4 shutouts to the Sens or Bruins if it meant Therrien was gone for good. Im starting to ****ing hate hockey.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
Question 2 :

I'd prefer the guys playing for Price and us getting far but between a lost in 6 games in round 2 vs an early exit in round 1 I'd have a hard time chosing if it means getting rid of Therrien.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Is Babcock the best coach in the nhl or is he overated ? Honest question, if Babock is really the best, having an unlimited budget and an iconic franchise ready to contend, I don't see why Bergevin wouldn't sign him to a massive contract and fire Therrien. Otherwise, it would be a mistake to fire Therrien just for the sake of it.

HabsFan76

Nov 3, 2011
Canada
Is Babcock the best coach in the nhl or is he overated ? Honest question, if Babock is really the best, having an unlimited budget and an iconic franchise ready to contend, I don't see why Bergevin wouldn't sign him to a massive contract and fire Therrien. Otherwise, it would be a mistake to fire Therrien just for the sake of it.

I'm not sure if Babcock would have this team much higher up in the standings, but for sure they would be playing much closer to their actual potential rather than this mindless grindfest.

Our roster overall is also stronger than Detroit so it wouldn't be impossible for Babcock to get similar results with this team while playing structurally sound hockey.

Firthbird

#Drivefor25
Jan 23, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
I'm not sure if Babcock would have this team much higher up in the standings, but for sure they would be playing much closer to their actual potential rather than this mindless grindfest.

Our roster overall is also stronger than Detroit so it wouldn't be impossible for Babcock to get similar results with this team while playing structurally sound hockey.

I agree; logic would dictate that with a younger, stronger core, Babcock should be able to do way more than what he has done in Detroit the past few years.

I would take that in a heartbeat.. Hell.. I'd give up my left kidney for Babcock

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
I love how Therrien gets all of the **** and Bergevin is treated like he has no idea what's going on. You think Therrien runs the show and Bergevin makes no decisions as to the running of the team? Get real.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
I would absolutely love that.

It would make my dream come true if a story came out that Patches, Price, and Subban went to MB and said the same thing about MT as what was said about Julien.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Swept in 4... and honestly I don't see us going very far if we continue to play the way we have. #realtalk

I don't even make it about sucking in the playoffs anymore.
I get very little enjoyment watching this brand of hockey and have had much more fun watching JM's teams...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad