Should Bennett get a crack at the Top 6? (Or give up...?)

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
I'd entertain the offer of a Neo-Geo CD (with controllers), a PS1 memory card, Sega 32x and enough batteries to run my Game Gear for 1 month (700ish AA batteries).
The Sega 32x might really turn some people off. There are rumors that Knuckles Chaotix is about to break out and that Sonic X-Treme, the first 3D Sonic game, will be coming out for that console as opposed to the Sega Saturn.

As a result, I think they may demand to switch the 700 AA batteries for four rechargeable AA batteries and a charge kit instead.

I would be okay with this. At least yak is on the ice. Change of scenery might help yak. BB is going to always be hurt where ever he is. Unless it's a bubble.
I don't think the Oilers are going to accept a Yak-for-Bennett swap. Regardless, Bennett adds something the Pens desperately need and he's only out for two weeks. The chance of a bounce-back from Bennett is worth more than what we'd receive for him in a trade.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Oilers would hang up the phone - theres no way they would trade a 1st overall for Bennett, who hasn't even shown a physical ability to handle playing 30 consecutive games at the NHL level.

Laggin70

Apr 22, 2013
Pittsburgh
Oilers would hang up the phone - theres no way they would trade a 1st overall for Bennett, who hasn't even shown a physical ability to handle playing 30 consecutive games at the NHL level.

That's strange, because I just did on NHL15 on superstar with cap trades on hard.

It's gotta be true right?

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I'm not preparing myself for anything. What's your source that Dumoulin is the most likely to get dealt? I'll answer that for you: you have no source, and you're making up crap.

You obviously don't value Dumoulin as much as other guys, which is fine; but you're going further with that (il)logic and just assuming that, based on your opinion and nothing from any credible evidence, Dumoulin is going to get dealt and/or should get dealt. So really you're suggesting, if we evaluate this from a point of logic:

A: Dumoulin is the most likely to get dealt because you think he's not that valuable to us, yet also not so valuable to other teams

B: implying that because we MUST make a trade, that Dumoulin will obviously be the guy who gets moved; even though by your own admission you think he has low value and so the return will be weak

C: that even if we only get a lousy return, we should still make that deal because we have to make a trade

Really good thought process. I'm curious to know how you think trading Dumoulin, for what you think will be a lousy return, will improve our team.

I like Dumoulin a lot. Tough to say that left D isn't our position of surplus, though. That Maatta decided to be freaking awesome and Despres decided he'll be adding a lot of jam to his game kind of leaves Dumoulin as something of an odd-man out among the three. This is to say nothing of Scuds, who probably isn't easy to move and Harrington who looks about a quarter of an hour past ready.

That said, I'd very much prefer for him to actually be up here so other teams can see what he can do before just selling him off. Probably means moving Martin, which I'm sure you already agree with.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
no board on Bennett should ever have the word crack in it.......just sayen. :)

True dat.

I like Dumoulin a lot. Tough to say that left D isn't our position of surplus, though. That Maatta decided to be freaking awesome and Despres decided he'll be adding a lot of jam to his game kind of leaves Dumoulin as something of an odd-man out among the three. This is to say nothing of Scuds, who probably isn't easy to move and Harrington who looks about a quarter of an hour past ready.

That said, I'd very much prefer for him to actually be up here so other teams can see what he can do before just selling him off. Probably means moving Martin, which I'm sure you already agree with.

Yes: I absolutely favour moving Martin for the best offer we can possibly get, even if it's futures, which it likely will be.

And while Scuderi may be hard to move this season, if we can't move him in the offseason, even with retained salary (gotta think a team like EDM could use a vet like that), just buy him out. It's worth it just to be able to have our young guys play.

And as much as I love Harry and know he's ready, I'd rather him play one more year in the AHL and have Dumo, who is also ready but would have to clear waivers, here next season if he's not part of a deal.

Maatta-Letang
Ehrhoff-Despres
Dumoulin-Bortuzzo

That's what I'd roll with for next season. If we didn't re-sign Ehrhoff for some reason (since that's probably what's expected at this point), then slide Harry into his spot. Otherwise, keep Harry in the AHL for one more year. It won't hurt him or the team long term, and give us more time to decide how to best build our D group going forward. Unless a trade is made, of course, whether that's for Pouliot,Harry or Dumo, in which case our decision gets made for us a little bit sooner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad