Should awards voting be held off until the end of the playoffs?

Spoilers

Jun 24, 2018
Another reminder that the Hart isn’t a “good player on good team award”. They typically win the MVP because they dragged their team into the playoffs.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
But you'll find 27 fanbases agreeing right now that the regular season doesn't matter.

that’s still not a reason to change the voting.

They are regular season awards, they should vote before any playoff games are played.

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
well think of it this way, if they changed it to include playoffs, overrated guys like Matthews & McDavid wouldn't be able to win jack....

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Hmmm, these apples taste like oranges to me! DOES ANYONE ELSE FIND THIS WEIRD?

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Why is it that massive playoff failures are excused when giving out awards?

I think they should stay the way they are until the league changes how the rules are called in the playoffs. It's a completely different game, reg season vs. playoffs. I hope one day they can fix the problem of "playoff rules" and call rules as rules, or remove them as rules. And I say this as someone who watched Connor McDavid get no calls in a series where he probably should have gotten lots. Once that happens, and the game is actually the same, some of them could include playoffs. Also make a damn Bobby Orr trophy and make that the best defenseman and let the Norris be the scoring defenseman award (not saying that in regards to this year, where I think Adam Fox is a really good candidate).

Bronxxx

Dec 2, 2018
No. The season is where all players have a chance at the awards and the cream rises to the top based on more games. The playoffs shut the door on half the teams. Also anyone can get hot over 16-20 games. Too small of a sample size.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad