Should Anderson stay or should he go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Andy stays. Doesn't make much of a difference. Didn't seem as though it would have been a big return plus it's like he's keeping us in there anymore. Were pretty far out. Just play

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Maybe, but if we need to go through draft to get a number one center, we may as well stay status quos. As some are suggesting that Zibanejad may end-up being as good or better then Toews, so we already have our future first line center. What I don't like is that in both situations we are talking about long term projects.

I personally don't see Zibanejab as our future first line center, but then again this is my opinion, and if he turned out to be, then we are still talking about 3 or 4 years before it happens. What I would prefer would be to see getting a first line center for next year and I would use Zibanejad as a trading asset. One way or the other, if we get a first line center, Turris will play as the second, Pageau third and Smith or Legwand forth. We can't expect Zibanejad to play on our third or forth.

Thats insane! Who suggested Zibanejad could end up better than Toews?

We'll just have to agree to disagree. If we stay the course Andy will keep us in enough games to be pulled out of the spots where those centres will be available.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

We'll just have to agree to disagree. If we stay the course Andy will keep us in enough games to be pulled out of the spots where those centres will be available.

I'm still waiting for Volchenkov to hit 70pts.

Backpass

Jan 4, 2015

This is what was said by "Do Make Say Think" in response to one comment I had posted.

Which top line centre are you going to get?

Giroux? Fat chance. Toews? not with that contract! Seguin? Crosby? The list goes on....

It's rather basic stuff. And, since I brought him up, I think Zibanejad will be a better offensive player than Toews if all goes well.

Post #246 in the trading thread.

Last edited:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Well sorry to burst your bubble, but after 12 years in the NHL, Volchenkov did exceed that 70 points mark :laugh:

Heh you got me I should have been more clear, in one season. Back in the day many years ago a thread was made stating they thought Volchenkov could hit 70pts. I was wondering if Bileur remembered it or not.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Heh you got me I should have been more clear, in one season. Back in the day many years ago a thread was made stating they thought Volchenkov could hit 70pts. I was wondering if Bileur remembered it or not.

There have been a lot of ridiculous overestimates over the years, I'm sure I was guilty of several.

Edit: ha! Oddly enough I went back and looked at some of my first posts 10+ years ago (eek) and it seems my first post was in response to a "what do you expect from Spezza" thread in his rookie season. My response was 216 pts. (With a sarcasm emoticon)

Last edited:

Backpass

Jan 4, 2015

I knew what you meant but I just wanted to pull your leg.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad