Post-Game Talk: Shorks @ Sens Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
On the radio this morning, they're starting the "where is Anderson and Lehner narrative" implying that they're both letting the team down by not playing through injuries.

Only in Ottawa will they take a moment as amazing as Hammond's run and try to find a negative in it.

Here's the deal, morons. Goalies NEED to be 100% to play the position at their best. They can't "play thru pain" because it changes their game and causes them to struggle.

It's not their fault that beyond the two of them, the goalie depth consisted of Hammond and a rookie ECHL goalie. That's on management for not trying to find a Matt O'Connor LAST YEAR.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
I loved the results and effort in the first and third, but again the second period was dreadful. All in all, this is a great time to be a sens fan. No one expected this pleasant surprise turn around. But it's obvious we have some amazing talent.

If the team outplays their opponent in 2 out of 3 periods every game, they will be in good shape, could even put a bit of a winning streak together. :D

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
as a couple of you have said, we gotta keep looking up the standings. we're ahead of boston. don't look down at them. we gotta keep chasing. it's like sitting on a lead when you're ahead in a game versus being down one goal in the third period. we have to stay hungry. washington, we're coming for you.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
as a couple of you have said, we gotta keep looking up the standings. we're ahead of boston. don't look down at them. we gotta keep chasing. it's like sitting on a lead when you're ahead in a game versus being down one goal in the third period. we have to stay hungry. washington, we're coming for you.

Couldn't agree more. No sense looking in the rearview. That's not where we're going.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
On the radio this morning, they're starting the "where is Anderson and Lehner narrative" implying that they're both letting the team down by not playing through injuries.

Only in Ottawa will they take a moment as amazing as Hammond's run and try to find a negative in it.

Here's the deal, morons. Goalies NEED to be 100% to play the position at their best. They can't "play thru pain" because it changes their game and causes them to struggle.

It's not their fault that beyond the two of them, the goalie depth consisted of Hammond and a rookie ECHL goalie. That's on management for not trying to find a Matt O'Connor LAST YEAR.
Not to mention... Lehner has a CONCUSSION. You CAN'T play through that injury. Not allowed.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Sounds like Zibanejad...

Took a wrist shot.

horatio-lunettes-o.gif

Edit:

I should really read the whole thread before posting.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I swear to god, I'm going to the next home game with a big sign for the Ottawa Food Bank that reads:

"STOP WASTING PERFECTLY GOOD FOOD YOU RICH MORONS"

It's bought and paid for, supported both the team and the beef industry.. what's the difference between a rich person stuffing it down his gullet or throwing it on the ice to support the team?

Economically, nothing. Morally.. that's where it gets grey.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
If I even look at the point differential between Boston and Ottawa, Ottawa will go on a losing skid and miss the playoffs.

I'm going to do my part, promote EK on the main boards, and keep track of Washington's wins and losses.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Agree with all of the above. Anderson's hand injury is frustrating, but it is what it is - if he's in pain and has limited mobility as a result, he's going to struggle big time. All we can do is wait for it to heal.

As you say, the real story here is the lack of organizational depth in goal. If you are going to move on from Nathan Lawson, fair enough, but you then need to sign a LaBarbera/McIlhenney/Budaj type guy to at least give you some organizational depth between the pipes. I often think that the complaints about the Sens being a "budget" team are overblown, but this is an area where I suspect they tried to save some money, ("Why pay a guy NHL type money to play in the A?") and now they are paying the price for it.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
According to a coworker who is a Habs fan, Couture ran Price twice in their last game.

Couture basically pulled a Kreider, where Yeah... he was probably slightly bumped by the d, but made zero attempt to fall in any direction other than towards the goalie

Yeah and knowing Habs fans, this was probably what was being referred to.

https://streamable.com/9ngz

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
If we keep up the streak, it's quite likely we would catch them. Might save us from facing the Rangers in the 1st round IF we make the post-season.

The Capitals will play the Rangers, its just destiny. 4 out of the last 5 years Washington has made the playoffs they have played New York with 3 of those in the first round the year they didn't the Rangers played...oh wait...us :s

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa

This is true of all players, not just goalies.

The question is whether Craig Anderson playing at 75% is as good or better than Chris Dreiger at 100% or leaving Hammond in there for 3 in 4 nights.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Players can take shifts off and still play. If something is bothering a goalie and he's not one hundred percent mentally focused for the entire game it could be disastrous. Plus it's just all about feeling right. Like the game where Hammond felt rushed because of his skate issue I totally understood why he stunk on the first two goals. It's a goalie thing.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Players can take shifts off and still play. If something is bothering a goalie and he's not one hundred percent mentally focused for the entire game it could be disastrous. Plus it's just all about feeling right. Like the game where Hammond felt rushed because of his skate issue I totally understood why he stunk on the first two goals. It's a goalie thing.

Yeah but something is fishy here. He's good to go and then plays one game and then he's completely out again. Bryan Murray not calling him out but essentially saying that its minor and that he's hoping for a strong return. It just doesn't scream honesty.

What really scares me when it comes to injuries is how McArthur is handling this. He didn't feel better but just pushed through it by getting on the bike. I'm sure he'll play amazing for us and light it up but he's definitely going to pay for rushing his body and multiple concussions down the road. Chris Boreland just retired from the NFL after one concussion and he played one year! ONE!

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa

Okay, having never played goal I was not aware of these subtleties.

So -- this explains why Hasek didn't play in 2006 play-offs right?

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax

"It's a goalie thing" and "it's all about feeling right" are better translated by normal people:

Goalies are crazier than a $3 bill. All you need to know.

:naughty:

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario

So how many teams have FOUR NHL ready goalies???

Goaltenders play with pain just like most NHL players at this time of year, if you think otherwise you are grossly mistaken.

Specifically regarding Andy, his bone bruise must be exceedingly painful or he would be in uniform.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

I don't think anyone will ever be able to get into Haseks mind. And I mean if you don't feel right id say most goalies would still play because it's better than nothing but with Hammond playing so well I assume it gives room for Anderson to get to 100%. I have a feeling that if Hammond went down Anderson would be back and tough it out but he wouldn't play like we're used to seeing. Either that or Anderson does have a serious injury.

I don't know its hard to explain. If I had an equipment issue while playing it always threw me off. If I didn't feel good about my routine for the day or felt rushed it threw me off. That's why I had this really bad feeling about the Hammond pregame skate issue and lo and behold he didn't look good to start the Bruins game. He settled in nicely though after that.

Ogie summed it up nicely though.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
So how many teams have FOUR NHL ready goalies???

Goaltenders play with pain just like most NHL players at this time of year, if you think otherwise you are grossly mistaken.

Specifically regarding Andy, his bone bruise must be exceedingly painful or he would be in uniform.
Plus, management already went out and got a "Matt O'Connor" TWO years ago. None other than Andrew Hammond.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
It's bought and paid for, supported both the team and the beef industry.. what's the difference between a rich person stuffing it down his gullet or throwing it on the ice to support the team?

Economically, nothing. Morally.. that's where it gets grey.

Morally everyone in developed countries are scum in the grand theme of things. That new phone you bought could have fed a village in a poor part of africa for a week. Oh yeah and some kid probably killed himself in the factory where that phone was put together because he's paid next to nothing and the conditions are terrible.

Instead of showering, bottle up the water and ship it to places where they don't have good drinking water.

INstead of buying real beef at the grocery store, buy spam and use the savings to build a well somewhere.

Morally, our privileged existence is wrong on every level. Yet some people draw the line at throwing a 2 dollar hamburger on the ice at a hockey game?

These people need to seriously get over themselves. Not you Denis, more the guy you quoted.

/rant

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Morally everyone in developed countries are scum in the grand theme of things. That new phone you bought could have fed a village in a poor part of africa for a week. Oh yeah and some kid probably killed himself in the factory where that phone was put together because he's paid next to nothing and the conditions are terrible.

Instead of showering, bottle up the water and ship it to places where they don't have good drinking water.

INstead of buying real beef at the grocery store, buy spam and use the savings to build a well somewhere.

Morally, our privileged existence is wrong on every level. Yet some people draw the line at throwing a 2 dollar hamburger on the ice at a hockey game?

These people need to seriously get over themselves. Not you Denis, more the guy you quoted.

/rant

x2.

People will complain about anything and everything.

Same thing last summer with the Ice bucket challenge and a bunch of people on my facebook whining that people were wasting water.

It's comical watching these people get all bent out of shape over something so insignificant to the big picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad