Post-Game Talk: Shorks @ Sens Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Yeah but something is fishy here. He's good to go and then plays one game and then he's completely out again. Bryan Murray not calling him out but essentially saying that its minor and that he's hoping for a strong return. It just doesn't scream honesty.

What really scares me when it comes to injuries is how McArthur is handling this. He didn't feel better but just pushed through it by getting on the bike. I'm sure he'll play amazing for us and light it up but he's definitely going to pay for rushing his body and multiple concussions down the road. Chris Boreland just retired from the NFL after one concussion and he played one year! ONE!

No, this doesn't scream honesty. This is your interpretation of what Bryan Murray said and what the morons on the radio spun it as. What Bryan ACTUALLY said is that he hopes Andy is ready for the weekend and that Hammond could use a break soon. Bryan is as straight a shooter as it gets. He legitimately called out Hasek when he didn't play and he didn't mince words then. Why would he mince words now when he's the GM and he controls the fate of the player?

He clearly wasn't the same goalie he was before the all-star break so he was probably trying to play through injury to help the team out and spell Andrew Hammond. Once Hammond kept winning, Anderson took himself back out because he had reaggravated the injury by coming back sooner than he expected.

If he's not ready to play and doctors have placed him on IR as a result then he's not ready to play.

Here's Methot's take on it...I trust him more than two idiots on a morning show that couldn't analyze a game if their life depended on it. For chrissakes, they debated making Condra the captain the other day...I mean...what?

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/03/17/methot-feels-for-senators-goalie-anderson

hockeycoach

Jan 20, 2006
SenCity
x2.

People will complain about anything and everything.

Same thing last summer with the Ice bucket challenge and a bunch of people on my facebook whining that people were wasting water.

It's comical watching these people get all bent out of shape over something so insignificant to the big picture.

yup
these bent people like to hear themselves talk, they feel they are preaching from the mountain.
Their first mistake is believing we actually give a darn about what they think.
Their second mistake is opening their pie hole in the first place.

-end rant-

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Same thing we did with our #1 goaltender. These are our ASSISTANT CAPTAINS they have to play they provide great amounts of leadership, and calmness to our play. Plus Neil is such a gritty player and his fights with 5 minutes left in the game usually make up for his momentum killing penalties.

Not gonna lie tho I wouldn't mind putting Phillips in over Gryba .

Im gonna wash my mouth now.

lol
leadership and calmness THATS what we had in oct nov and dec:help:

watch the game where phillips falls down 4 times in a span of 58 seconds because his right skate entangle his left one

you'l laugh enough for the next 6 years lol

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I also loved how he kept saying Canadian Tire Centre after every goal

That was amazing

"It's a burger?"
"Ya, it's burger"

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
This is the greatest thing I've ever heard. Seriously.

That guy can say the french player's names better than most english commentators too.

So awesome.
Perfect pronunciation of Zibanejad's name too.

I'd rather hear this than Cole and co, that's for sure.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Agree with all of the above. Anderson's hand injury is frustrating, but it is what it is - if he's in pain and has limited mobility as a result, he's going to struggle big time. All we can do is wait for it to heal.

As you say, the real story here is the lack of organizational depth in goal. If you are going to move on from Nathan Lawson, fair enough, but you then need to sign a LaBarbera/McIlhenney/Budaj type guy to at least give you some organizational depth between the pipes. I often think that the complaints about the Sens being a "budget" team are overblown, but this is an area where I suspect they tried to save some money, ("Why pay a guy NHL type money to play in the A?") and now they are paying the price for it.

The thing with Andy, is it's his stick hand. We all know players like to target an injury, and a goalie is basically a sitting duck. It would be really easy to skate past the net and "hook" the goalie stick on the way by, or jam up the stick when crashing the crease and twist Andy's wrist badly.

Just too easy for Cooke-type of player to take the opportunity to completely change a series by doing an "innocent" flyby the net. Too many guys are already getting away with hammering goalies this year...not even a 2 minute penalty in most cases!

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
Both those calls are awesome, but the Spanish one is truly great.... damn, I'd almost prefer him as our play by play guy even though I don't know what he's saying... his enthusiasm is awesome...

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
maybe, but I'm talking bout the 2nd vid with florida panterrrrrooooos vs bruins... don't know my languages but I thought it was Spanish... could definitely be wrong though

a friend was in central america when the world cup was on and watched a lot of games at big free outdoor projections and he said the shouts of goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooll got old really quick

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Lmao ****ing love the Spanish commentary. Those ones make soccer super live but I dont think anything beats Arabic commentary.

Can you imagine Arabic commentary for hockey? They'd burst. Huge contingent of fans watch soccer in Arabic now just cause the games become million times liver

example:

LMAOOOOOOOOOO

Can you imagine these guys calling Karlsson? They'd have a field day and a half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad