Post-Game Talk: Shootouts = zzzzzzz

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Now back to back games against the Bruins and the Islanders the Bruins on Valentines day and the Islanders the next day going to be a short turn around with a 3:30 games against the Bruins and then a 1:00 game against the Isanders hopefully Blashill goes with Mrazek for each game we need the points.

What kind of a ****ed up back to back is that?? Seriously? Are the Nets playing Monday night?

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
The problem in a nutshell we just couldn't bury our chances no finish to this team at all.

True, but an understatement.

6wgIQYs.jpg

That's just plain ridiculous :laugh:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
So, does anyone remember the stat they showed about what percentage of the offense comes from a team's defense? And the Wings were leading since January 1st?

I mean.....

With as craptacular of a defense as most guys around here are saying, it must take a special kind of forward group to make them look like offensive juggernauts.

Our dcore is fine with that sort of

A good Kronwall is a good #2. Especially with points
Danny D can score 10 goals 30 points. Fine for a 2nd pair
Green can score like Kronwall. Isn't trash in his own zone
Quincey is a 2nd pair or bottom pair dman. He just is missing alittle ofence
The rest are bottom pair dmen

Add a #1. And imo the dcore is a top 5 dcore and the team is a contender. Why is it so hard?

skate skate skate

Apr 6, 2014
Europe
Unreal, just ****ing unreal. Actually, I'm such a muppet, was to nervous to watch so I switched to the Tampa-Nash game instead. Tampa got a bull**** PP with two minutes left - scored, and then won it in OT. Don't know which game made me more angry :laugh:

Shots on goal: 45-21 Wings
Shot attempts: 87-35
Scoring chances: 58-26
High danger scoring chances: 29-14

Such a waste to throwing away a point and a row. Looking at the standings makes me all anxious. Well, at least we got a point ;) and we played fantastic, should be able to build on that. Two very important games coming up.

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
Let's keep things in perspective. It's not losing the shootout. It's winning a point Charlie Sheen style.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Guys, this goes all the way back to the founding of the Illuminati when Ben Franklin signaled with his lightning kite that no Red Wing shall convert in a shootout. There was a documentary about it with Nick Cage.

Nick cage was once supposed to be Steve yzerman

Thank god he turned that down

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
If holland doesn't trade nyquist or Tatar and some prospects for a number 1 dman I will cry

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
If holland doesn't trade nyquist or Tatar and some prospects for a number 1 dman I will cry

That loss wasn't because of a roster problem (it is some nights, but definitely not tonight). Bad luck and a goalie dialed in is why they lost this game. It is what it is.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Colorado has an unbelieveable kryptonite for many teams at this season. They lose posession totally, look absolutely horrible, and somehow manage to win games.

Their all wins look this, are totally outplayed, they got lucky bounces and opposite teams won't get their bounces. MOD insane. That can't last for 82 games.

My scoring attempts were 43-14. Best domination from Wings in any game at this season. With those attempt amounts you should win a game easily with 2 goal margin or more.

But it was again this "Colorado"-result.

Just nuts.

Yeah I can't remember as dominant of a display. Awesome game despite only gaining a point. As you say for Colorado's success being unsustainable, same thing but opposite for the Wings: if they keep playing this well wins (and goals) are bound to pile up like snow in Quebec City.

I am startled how excellent the Wings have looked since the shakeup in Florida. Last 4 games have all been nearly flawless. From top to bottom we're skating well, passing, actually getting shots through. There isn't an opponent in the league I'd be nervous to face right now, Capitals and Hawks included!

With a confident outlook for the team it should inspire mangement to get serious about tweaks to the roster. If not now then for next season. There is something special here. Datsyuk's possibly last season, Larkin a Calder candidate and Mrazek holding down the best stats in the league. I know I get real high and then low on the Wings but these last games show the potential. We've steamrolled the last 4 teams it's exciting to think how long this quality of hockey could last.

skate skate skate

Apr 6, 2014
Europe
They can take our whole farm idc

If you trading a 1D it's going to be a player for player deal; for a 1C most probable. You don't trade him for 3-4 lesser players. I mean, would you trade Dboss for three lesser players? No, if you're trading him it's for a 1D. Let's face it, we will never get a legit 1D through a trade. A 2D would be possible I guess, but getting 1D is just such a pip-dream. It's sucks that Big Buff didn't make it to FA :( And **** you Suter.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
If you trading a 1D it's going to be a player for player deal; for a 1C most probable. You don't trade him for 3-4 lesser players. I mean, would you trade Dboss for three lesser players? No, if you're trading him it's for a 1D. Let's face it, we will never get a legit 1D through a trade. A 2D would be possible I guess, but getting 1D is just such a pip-dream. It's sucks that Big Buff didn't make it to FA :( And **** you Suter.

Who is lesser then Larkin?

Mackinnon? Is trade him for that

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
That loss wasn't because of a roster problem (it is some nights, but definitely not tonight). Bad luck and a goalie dialed in is why they lost this game. It is what it is.

This play won't sustain and nyquist and Tatar haven't been noticeable down this strech

Ennui

I like our team?
Aug 13, 2008
Living in the past
www.fsb.ru
Why blame Ericsson? He was the LEAST of our problems tonight.

He actually had a really productive game.

I don't get it.

If you're a defenseman, not covering your assignments is a BIG problem. He's obviously not at fault for every goal against, but far too many pucks are going in the net these days because he's softer than butter and dumber than rocks. All he needs to do is cover his assignment, stick check and clear the trash from in front of the net if he can; if he isn't capable of that, there should be no argument from Holland, or anyone else that he is worth the salary he is being paid nor the that he is worth the ice time he is being given.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
If you're a defenseman, not covering your assignments is a BIG problem. He's obviously not at fault for every goal against, but far too many pucks are going in the net these days because he's softer than butter and dumber than rocks. All he needs to do is cover his assignment, stick check and clear the trash from in front of the net if he can; if he isn't capable of that, there should be no argument from Holland, or anyone else that he is worth the salary he is being paid nor the that he is worth the ice time he is being given.

Ericsson isn't even on the ice for the first goal when everyone is puck watching. Later, Ericsson scores a goal. Let me say that again, ERICSSON SCORES A GOAL. He had more goals tonight than Zetterberg, Larkin, Tatar, Nyquist, Green, Smith, and everyone else not named Datsyuk that's supposed to be providing offense.

Then on the tying goal Tatar is soft along the boards, Marchenko blows it in the corner and Mrazek lets in a softie. But you single out Ericsson? :laugh:

It's really become comical at this point. He could be out with an injury and some people here would still blame him for the loss.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
It was one of the best games I think i've seen us play all season, its just we had no finish. As soon as the second started I told my friend we would probably lose a close one just looking at the shots. Dissappointing for sure, we just need to bring this effort against Boston sunday.

HockeyinHD

Semi-retired former active poster.
Jun 18, 2006
That game was a ton of fun to watch. The outcome was a drag, of course, but it was one of those outcomes you can see coming from about midway through the first on.

Detroit looked great the whole game, but their play in the 3 on 3 was flat out dominant.

The story of the game is Varlamov for sure, but holy cow Detroit didn't get a lot of bounces there around the net. Lots of pucks skipping over a swipe into an open net, lots of pucks an inch too far for a Wing to corral.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
maybe, but i still dont like his moves. also small sample size.

regardless, im sure we can agree that goose should not be shooting.

Richards has a good career-wise shootout % but I don't see it. His move is very predictable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad