Post-Game Talk: Shootouts hate us. Leafs lose 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Phaneuf watched Bergeron walk out from the side of the net and put it away. That was a joke, wtf was he waiting for?

1. Bergeron didn't walk out, he got a pass
2. Gardiner had it behind the net, Phaneuf didn't need to cover Bergeron, should have been a simple breakout
3. Gardiner turned it over and the puck got to Bergeron
4. Phaneuf was slow getting over to Bergeron, but you can't fault him on that.
5. I also thought it was a weak goal on Reimer.

So you can blame Phaneuf for not reacting on a split second turnover, however I see that more of Gardiner's fault then Dion's

MajorityRules*

Did anyone mention the absurd amount of calls that weren't called against the Bruins last night? The refs were horrible.

Not really. I found they put they're whistles away for both teams which is a good thing. There were a number of calls they could have made on the Leafs as well as Boston but didn't. We still had more PP's then they did.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
NHL+Draft+2010+004.jpg

P00046528-MARIE-P-SEQUIN-DRESS-STANDARD.jpg

I'll be damned. I can't tell them apart.

Exactly.

:laugh:

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
No one seems to question his IQ when he makes a great play.

I wonder why?

You see what you want to see. Every defenseman, even the elite ones, have a brain fart. Phaneuf is no exception.

Because for every great play he makes at least a dozen stupid mistakes?

gtforepro

Feb 9, 2013
Toronto
NoDepositBonus.cc
For someone who's 'not particularly intelligent', he plays a sport that most of us wished we played for money, he's the captain of a franchise adored by millions, makes millions doing so and has a great looking wife to top it all off.

Unless you've had personal encounters where there weren't a hundred cameras in his face, I don't know how you can judge someone's intelligence like that.

"he plays a sport that most of us wished we played for money" - how does that relate to intelligence?

"he's the captain of a franchise adored by millions" - how does that relate to intelligence?

"makes millions doing so" - how does that relate to intelligence?

"and has a great looking wife to top it all off" - how does that relate to intelligence?

Maybe Dion is a Mensa member, but I doubt it...

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
1. Bergeron didn't walk out, he got a pass
2. Gardiner had it behind the net, Phaneuf didn't need to cover Bergeron, should have been a simple breakout
3. Gardiner turned it over and the puck got to Bergeron
4. Phaneuf was slow getting over to Bergeron, but you can't fault him on that.
5. I also thought it was a weak goal on Reimer.

So you can blame Phaneuf for not reacting on a split second turnover, however I see that more of Gardiner's fault then Dion's

Phaneuf stood essentially in the middle of the crease, covering neither Bergeron (who was just standing there all alone for several seconds, so close that Phaneuf only needed to take a single step to be in range for a pokecheck) nor the passing lane to him from the side of the net. Gardiner never had possession of the puck.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Wrong. With potentially 3 points able to be awarded in every game, the Leafs actually only got 3/6 points. In fact this season they've played 33 games. That means there have been 99 available points, and the Leafs only got 38 of them. This is terrible and I blame Randy Carlyle and Brian Burke.

As shown in the past 2 games against Boston, they are only able to get 1/2 of the available points (3 out of 6 available) when they are lucky, therefore this team is garbage and needs to be blown up and must tank to get good again.

Trade: Kessel/Bozak/JVR/Kulemin/Grabo/MacArthur/Phaneuf/Gunnarsson/Liles for draft picks. Keep KADRI.

...am I doing this right?

Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad