News Article: Shohei Ohtani signs in Canada

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
It's f***ing Hossa all over again. I expect he'll be a Dodger by nightfall. :cry:

This will be my Christmas gift if it happens.
I can't remember one of my favourite teams EVER getting a free agent like this.... so I fully expect it not to happen.

The Jays have got a few good ones - but never an elite player. The Habs have never, in my life that I recall. The Raptors won the championship and couldn't even resign Kawhi. The Eagles have mostly built through trades or the draft. And Wolves are too low in the Premier League to draw legitimate interest.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
If you call them the Canada Raptors and the Canada Jays

It helps a bit lol..

nope still a toronto team, toronto is as foreign to me as new york city may as well be a yankees fan at least they have history

crazy considering i agree with everything he is saying. Montreal residents rooting for the bluejays is a sin. I get it if you don't live in the city though whatever

i don’t live in montreal but it’s just common sense to me

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
I was a huge Expos fan and after they left,I completely lost interest in baseball. It's only been over the past couple of years, that I started following the majors again. I don't mind the Blue Jays at all and follow them and the Yankees casually and would like to see the only Canadian team do well and get a star player. I also casually follow the Raptors.Different sports and still and always will have an excessive hatred of the Leafs. lol

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I was a huge Expos fan and after they left,I completely lost interest in baseball. It's only been over the past couple of years, that I started following the majors again. I don't mind the Blue Jays at all and follow them and the Yankees casually and would like to see the only Canadian team do well and get a star player. I also casually follow the Raptors.Different sports and still and always will have an excessive hatred of the Leafs. lol
There is more Expos merchandise being worn than when the team was active. I also stopped watching baseball as closely since they left.

Couldn’t stomach what the Blue Jays did when they voted to contract the Expos and when they went behind their backs to rob the Expos of their Canada wide broadcasting rights that they had grandfathered before the Jays even existed. But, that’s ancient history.

I understand that the play for Rogers is to recoup some of the money paid to Ohtani by, among other options, selling off broadcast rights to their games in Japan. Interesting to see if it pans out but usually, in this type of context, Ohtani may just be using the Jays to up his ante elsewhere.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
There is more Expos merchandise being worn than when the team was active. I also stopped watching baseball as closely since they left.

Couldn’t stomach what the Blue Jays did when they voted to contract the Expos and when they went behind their backs to rob the Expos of their Canada wide broadcasting rights that they had grandfathered before the Jays even existed. But, that’s ancient history.

I understand that the play for Rogers is to recoup some of the money paid to Ohtani by, among other options, selling off broadcast rights to their games in Japan. Interesting to see if it pans out but usually, in this type of context, Ohtani may just be using the Jays to up his ante elsewhere.
Expos fans should cheer for the Orioles. They were the only team to vote against moving the Expos. I cheerrd for the Orioles before 1969 - Palmer, Dobson, McNally, Cuellar, Boog, Brooks, Frank.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad