SHL/Allsvenskan 2021-2022

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Wow. Thats great news. Händemark is a monster of a player. Big, strong, physical and produce points. He is the ultimate 2C on SHL-level.

Bouma - Söderberg - Deaschene
M.Sylvegård - Händemark - E.Sylvegård (legion of doom)
Persson - Westerholm - Westerholm
Bryggman - Forsberg - Olofsson

Really good forward group.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Hey everyone, is there anyone currently doing SHL/Allsvenskan coverage with English or French commentary? My Swedish is... nonexistent, but I moved to Europe recently and wanted to try watching a league that lined up better timezone wise. I don't think I'd necessarily have a problem with just not understanding the commentary, but I thought it would be easier to onboard myself to a league I know nothing about if I did understand what was going on a bit.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Reactions: Yozhik v tumane

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
Hey everyone, is there anyone currently doing SHL/Allsvenskan coverage with English or French commentary? My Swedish is... nonexistent, but I moved to Europe recently and wanted to try watching a league that lined up better timezone wise. I don't think I'd necessarily have a problem with just not understanding the commentary, but I thought it would be easier to onboard myself to a league I know nothing about if I did understand what was going on a bit.
Thank you for your help in advance.

I’m not 100% sure, but I’ve read that Cmore produces English commentary for international markets, at least for some games.

There was a thread a couple of years ago where someone asked the question of English language streams of SHL games, and I remember not finding too many solid answers. Before I got my Cmore subscription, my SHL fix sometimes came from less legitimate sources where there actually were occasional English commentary, but more often I watched games with only arena noise. I think it might be Cmore (the Swedish broadcaster) themselves who provides English commentary for maybe one game per round, and if you’re streaming from the rights holder in Switzerland, for example, you either watch that game, or will have to do without commentary for the game you want to watch.

From what I’ve gathered, they’ve been airing games with English commentary in some of the larger hockey markets in Central Europe, and the most recent source I found suggested that this is still the case in at least (iirc) Switzerland, Austria and Slovakia, but there might actually be many more countries where the SHL is broadcasted or streamable with Cmore’s in-house English PBP, if some older sources still hold true.

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
Hi guys, is there a way how to get some stats on the number of hits in the SHL ? Hits per game ideally... I haven't had any success finding it yet.
Need it for comparison with Czech Extraliga. Thanks.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Johan Olofsson really is one of the most underated players in SHL. Great speed, Physical and really good at holding the puck. Should be tried in Tre Kronor. I think Färjestad probaly wants him for next season since he is a Arvika guy.

Shawn Heins 44

Sep 22, 2012
Zurich
My Swiss Team (Fribourg-Gotteron) has just announced the signing of Juuso Vainio for the next season. I dont know the player at all and would appreciate some insight.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Done deal, Borgman to Frölunda. Frölunda has added 3 defenders in 2 days. Tömmernäs, Norlinder and Borgman. :laugh:

Also Fredrik Forsberg leaves Leksand for Djurgården. Not to be confused with Filips brother. This is a another Forsberg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad