SHL/Allsvenskan 2021-2022

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
take a wild guess who is injured again...thats right, jacob josefson. i would just hang them up if i where him, he is always injured. he have all the talent in the world, too bad how his career ended up.

marcus sorensen is said to be close to sign with dif. that would be a huge add

Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
Has bulan left Luleå...? Maybe Jonas Rönnqvist is coming back.

Lassinanti
Wallstedt

Gustasfsson - Honka
Andersson - Engsund
Själin - Johansson/Sondell/Styrman

Omark - Fröberg - Lysell
Shinimin - Tyväränien - Rask
Gallo - Komarek - E.Emanuelsson
Brännström - Connolly - Andreasson

Curious to what you meant by the bolded? Is it referring to the player acquisitions?

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
Sep. 11, 2021
Luleå - Linköping
5-2

Shinnimin - Fröberg - Omark
Komarek - Tyrväinen - Galló
Brännström - Andreasson - Emanuelsson
Muzik - Berglund - Mattsson

Gustafsson - Sondell
Engsund - Honka
Själin - Andersson

Wallstedt

Man, am I excited about our team this season!

The Omark line looked good, I was especially delighted by Shinnimin’s performance. He drew a penalty without diving, I hope my fellow Luleå fans take note, and he helped create chances, back checked and simply did well. Omark looked good too, created a lot but you’d have hoped he’d score a signature goal on that breakaway. Fröberg didn’t stand out too much, but I think this line is destined for great things going forward.

However, it was the second line that stole the show. They already seem to have great chemistry and they just work hard for each other, and it paid off. Komarek with 2+2! I had him as captain on my inaugural fantasy roster until this morning when I considered his relatively weak preseason where he only managed three assists in six games, and left him out completely. Whatever.

To think that Brännström and Emanuelsson, so often having been the light and joy of our teams, are third liners now.

Also, Honka was good, Wallstedt was iffy on the two goals against, however it might have been a tough game to play due to the long periods of hardly any action for him. Season is still young.

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Gynge and Rosen is on fire. They have special chemistry. I hope their age does not scare off Garpenlöv. Would like to see them in Tre Kronor again.

Poro24

May 4, 2005
Finland
How are the attendances in Sweden now that the restrictions are removed? Here in Finland people are still staying home and not going to the games. Attendances are so bad that I don't know how the teams are going to survive.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
How are the attendances in Sweden now that the restrictions are removed? Here in Finland people are still staying home and not going to the games. Attendances are so bad that I don't know how the teams are going to survive.
There has only been one round without restrictions but the attendance in HockeyAllsvenskan last round was more or less the same as pre-pandemic numbers. Malmö, Frölunda and Djurgården had more or less sold out arenas yesterday, whereas the rest in the SHL had around/a bit over average.

It's really weird in Finland I gotta say, but I guess it has to do with some restrictions still applying. I haven't seen any marketing for neither IFK nor Jokerit in Helsinki (besides on social media) compared to pre-pandemic when especially Jokerit was rather aggressive in their marketing. We'll see how it goes now in October when it hits the 80% vaccination rate.

Edit: Added the links where you can see the attendance for each round in the SHL and HockeyAllsvenskan.

SHL | stats.swehockey.se
HockeyAllsvenskan | stats.swehockey.se

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Sep. 11, 2021
Luleå - Linköping
5-2

Shinnimin - Fröberg - Omark
Komarek - Tyrväinen - Galló
Brännström - Andreasson - Emanuelsson
Muzik - Berglund - Mattsson

Gustafsson - Sondell
Engsund - Honka
Själin - Andersson

Wallstedt

Man, am I excited about our team this season!

The Omark line looked good, I was especially delighted by Shinnimin’s performance. He drew a penalty without diving, I hope my fellow Luleå fans take note, and he helped create chances, back checked and simply did well. Omark looked good too, created a lot but you’d have hoped he’d score a signature goal on that breakaway. Fröberg didn’t stand out too much, but I think this line is destined for great things going forward.

However, it was the second line that stole the show. They already seem to have great chemistry and they just work hard for each other, and it paid off. Komarek with 2+2! I had him as captain on my inaugural fantasy roster until this morning when I considered his relatively weak preseason where he only managed three assists in six games, and left him out completely. Whatever.

To think that Brännström and Emanuelsson, so often having been the light and joy of our teams, are third liners now.

Also, Honka was good, Wallstedt was iffy on the two goals against, however it might have been a tough game to play due to the long periods of hardly any action for him. Season is still young.

well luleå has awful start, 4 losses 1 win. but no need to worry imo, its a good team with a good coach.

Reactions: Yozhik v tumane

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
well luleå has awful start, 4 losses 1 win. but no need to worry imo, its a good team with a good coach.

Yeah… Well, at least in the first two losses they were playing well. Lately I’ve been more worried.

But I agree, this slump shouldn’t last too long, for the reasons that you mentioned. A lot of untapped potential on the team.

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
Things are looking up for Luleå after the last two games. Nice workhorse win against Malmö, team defense was finally looking good (despite being low on healthy defensive defensemen), and then against Växjö we were playing propaganda hockey for long stretches, before frustratingly dropping back and allowing them the opportunity to make a comeback in the third.

But the clutch last minute game winners from first Tyrväinen, then Honka!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad