Confirmed with Link: Shesty wins the Vezina. Congratulations!

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
6E08E0D3-9A3A-4FD3-84CA-52F36C209C8A.jpeg

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
Incredible. This is really surreal. The several years after we drafted him, seeing his performance in the KHL, the numbers he was putting up. We were all dreaming that MAYBE one day we would see the day he dominated in the NHL. His talent carried over beautifully and he is clearly a big game player. The biggest congrats to Igor, can't wait to see what the future holds for this man and this team!

Reactions: Captain Lindy

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I'm hoping one or both of Garand and Ollas are the real deal as well. Both had good years, but it's hard to judge a goalie until they play professionally. We've seen other goalies do well in juniors or college and then not perform in the AHL.

Of the two, I'd bet more on Garand making it, though Ollas' size is very intriguing. With Shesty having 3 years left on his deal, it would be good to have another option just in case.

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
1: Like there was any doubt. I've been following this team since around 1984. We've been spoiled with goaltending for basically my entire life as a hockey fan. I know it's early days, but Shesty is a different beast. This guy will carry us to a cup. No questions.

2: Honestly, and this is coming from the child of immigrants, his English is WAAAAAAY better than I thought it was. You notice patterns in people who don't speak English as a first language, even if it's a foreign language to your own, and he's been holding out on us! Granted I'm sure he practiced that speech, but still. I wish I could just tell him to have the same confidence in his English as he has in his playing. Shame is a big factor here, being afraid to ask the meaning of a word you don't know, being made fun of for having an accent, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad