Speculation: Shero Ready to Talk Extensions for UFA Blueliners

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
The deal Malone got in June is the deal Malone wanted in June. The deal Malone would've taken in January is another matter. It just happens that THEN Ray Shero was only offering a slight raise, not the 3M Malone was seeking.

Because Malone hadn't earned it. You're using hindsight. If Ray Shero gave Ryan Malone 4.5 million dollars like he got on the open market, or even 3.5 million dollars...this place and the entire fanbase and the entire NHL would have went..."WTF?"

The cap was 56 million. We had a ton of salary tied up with a ton of impending free agents looking for huge raises. Signing Malone to a deal he would have to grow into would be suicidal for us at that point, again, not using hindsight.

It's called a timeline. I know that it can be confusing, but it's a similar situation to Scuderi, who in November 2008 could've been signed for a bit less than what he got in July 2009

But, go ahead and call me 'buckwheat' and intone that Ray's only mistakes are the ones that he admits, strawman.

EDIT: Sorry, I just caught that "I also think Shero learned his lesson that offseason when it came to Hossa. He put all of his eggs in one basket and Ryan Malone be damned, he wasn't going to stand in the way of us signing probably the best winger in the game at that time." I'm assuming then that the Parise and no plan B thing was just some horrid dream, and not history repeating itself for the king of WASH, RINSE, REPEAT. Thanks.

Or we can make up mistakes. Either way. I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it 100 more times again since this is your schtick...you're too far gone to be saved, Kirk. And a strawman argument would be saying, "[You] intone that Ray's only mistakes are the ones he admits" because never did I say or suggest that. I just don't think the Malone contract is one of them. You just want to crucify Shero in the worst way. You should probably stick to telling us how much of a ***** Dupuis is since he let Thorton skate by him to assault Orpik. Because you trying to crucify Shero on not signing Ryan Malone is just as much of an abortion.

Last edited:

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
It always amuses me how when he's saying something they don't like, posters think Shero always tells the truth. When he's saying something they DO like, it must be a lie and a dirty trick just to disappoint them and crush their fragile feelings.

We've gone Stiller Nation over here.

95207d1386215003t-note-3s-screen-sometimes-makes-me-feel-like-im-rob-ford-rob-ford-reaction-gifs.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad