Confirmed with Link: Sheldon Keefe named Marlies coach

Kamal007

FEEL LIKE PABLO
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto
Winning it all doesn't make you the best coach. IMO Mike Babcock is the best coach in the world, regardless if Cooper or Q win the cup. Just like last season Sutter wasn't the best coach in the world or Julien wasn't the year Boston won. Just because Smith's team won the Memorial cup, doesn't make him a better coach.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Dubas made it pretty clear they weren't just looking for the "winningest" coach, any way. So it's really a moot point.

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
Winning it all doesn't make you the best coach. IMO Mike Babcock is the best coach in the world, regardless if Cooper or Q win the cup. Just like last season Sutter wasn't the best coach in the world or Julien wasn't the year Boston won. Just because Smith's team won the Memorial cup, doesn't make him a better coach.

There's a reason the Jack Adams finalists every year aren't just the coaches for the top 3 teams in the year-end standings.

It's about which coach got the most out of the roster he was provided. A coach can only do so much. So which coach got more out of the roster he had? I'm willing to admit I'm in no position to make an argument either way, but that doesn't stop other people from doing so, clearly.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I am really starting to think this rebuild is going to go quicker than people think the Leafs have Mike Babcock as head coach and now Sheldon Keefe as Marlies coach, they have the best of the best at all levels and when you have elite people at all levels the rebuild can be quick

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
I am really starting to think this rebuild is going to go quicker than people think the Leafs have Mike Babcock as head coach and now Sheldon Keefe as Marlies coach, they have the best of the best at all levels and when you have elite people at all levels the rebuild can be quick

Here we go again...

See you guys in a few years, so we can pick up this same discussion again after another "quick" rebuild fails.

Is that what you want?

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008

The Leafs are not rebuilding in the likes of tank for high picks and quick fix around those young players...

There's a complete overhaul going on as what they're doing is building a program from the ground up that will keep this franchise sustaining it's self.

Programs like this take many years to build where end result is like what you see in NCAA Basketball with the likes of the Duke, Kentucky, North Carolina programs. It start's at the AHL level that will be feeding the Leafs. This is why they've gone heavy in bringing the best talent evaluators & bright minds from the jr levels

Babcock is like the chief commander on the hockey being played for both the Marlies and Leafs. Keefe's job is to follow Babcock's guidelines and develop the players into what will evidently be known as the teams Identity of Maple Leaf hockey.

This rebuild is planed to be one longer than your conventional tank ;)

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Here we go again...

See you guys in a few years, so we can pick up this same discussion again after another "quick" rebuild fails.

Is that what you want?

The Leafs are not rebuilding in the likes of tank for high picks and quick fix around those young players...

There's a complete overhaul going on as what they're doing is building a program from the ground up that will keep this franchise sustaining it's self.

Programs like this take many years to build where end result is like what you see in NCAA Basketball with the likes of the Duke, Kentucky, North Carolina programs. It start's at the AHL level that will be feeding the Leafs. This is why they've gone heavy in bringing the best talent evaluators & bright minds from the jr levels

Babcock is like the chief commander on the hockey being played for both the Marlies and Leafs. Keefe's job is to follow Babcock's guidelines and develop the players into what will evidently be known as the teams Identity of Maple Leaf hockey.

This rebuild is planed to be one longer than your conventional tank ;)

Guys, the OP wasn't saying that we should accelerate our rebuild, but that, by virtue of having the right systems and development programs in place, the rebuild can naturally accelerate itself, which is absolutely true. The turn around of this lazy bunch we watched this past season into a hard-working team under Babcock could be quick, given the level of respect he commands. And once that happens, players start to shine earlier, and the results show.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Guys, the OP wasn't saying that we should accelerate our rebuild, but that, by virtue of having the right systems and development programs in place, the rebuild can naturally accelerate itself, which is absolutely true. The turn around of this lazy bunch we watched this past season into a hard-working team under Babcock could be quick, given the level of respect he commands. And once that happens, players start to shine earlier, and the results show.

This guy gets it

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
Steve Simmons. A long sit down interview with Keefe.

Marlies coach Sheldon Keefe can finally look forward

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/06/22/marlies-coach-sheldon-keefe-can-finally-look-forward

Just read this, wish I could say all my concerns are answered. The fact that a brother that Keefe says he is close to is still involved with Frost and Danton is troubling. However he sounds as if his head is on straight so I trust that the Leafs know that Frost will be no where near their organization in any way.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
I really hate this stuff. It's almost like it will never go away - he's been coloured by his past and the media will not let him forget it. I hope this crap doesn't dog his time with the Marlies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad