Player Discussion Sheldon Keefe - All encompassing galaxy brain discussion

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Is it wrong to be worried that now that we're back at home and Toronto gets last change Keefe will over-think this and hand Bruins a win or two with some really stupid decisions/matchups?

There's a reason why this team does better on the road in the playoffs (don't have the stats in front of me but it's true) and it's not because of the pressure, fans, etc.
Wow, I went and fact checked this because it didn't feel right.... But the Leafs are 13-13 on the road, and 9-17 at home in the Matthews era.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
I’ve never seen a more incompetent coach than Bozo the Keefe.

Inexplicably DUMB to leave the Matthews line on the ice after they’d just scored to tie the game 2-2. They’d already been on for 36 seconds - - did Bozo the Keefe feel obligated to give them another 30 seconds?

Predictably, they’re spent and get pinned in their own zone and give up the go ahead goal 18 seconds later.

This has been happening ALL season. Embarrassingly bad coaching from Bozo the Keefe.

Reactions: egd27 and Jmo89

OddyOh

Really, Healy?
Aug 18, 2010
Regina, SK
I’ve never seen a more incompetent coach than Bozo the Keefe.

Inexplicably DUMB to leave the Matthews line on the ice after they’d just scored to tie the game 2-2. They’d already been on for 36 seconds - - did Bozo the Keefe feel obligated to give them another 30 seconds?

Predictably, they’re spent and get pinned in their own zone and give up the go ahead goal 18 seconds later.

This has been happening ALL season. Embarrassingly bad coaching from Bozo the Keefe.
Every instinct Keefe has is violently wrong. He needs to watch that Seinfeld episode where George does the opposite!!

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
You have no idea how badly I’d love for those two useless gimps to be reunited in Pittsburgh next year.
It will happen after next season..Pens were a bit too close this year which doesn't give Kyle the justification to fire Sully.

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
I think Nylander comes back game 4 and the only change for PP1 is bert off

Personal preference is to go back to that PP that was converting at a good rate when Mo was out

Matthews
Marner
Nylander
Bert
Liljegren

After Keefe has exhausted other options, I think he will finally go back to that one

Reactions: OddyOh

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I think Nylander comes back game 4 and the only change for PP1 is bert off

Personal preference is to go back to that PP that was converting at a good rate when Mo was out

Matthews
Marner
Nylander
Bert
Liljegren

After Keefe has exhausted other options, I think he will finally go back to that one
Liljegren shouldn't see the ice again this series. He sucks.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
This brings the Leafs’ home losing streak to five games in a row. It’s unacceptable to be this bad in the playoffs on home ice, where they were mediocre all season long. As usual, the matchups were chased instead of rolling the lines—the latter was a successful formula on the road. The roadmap was right there.

Half the Leafs’ forward group played under 12:46 in this game. In Game 2, only four forwards played less than this number. Instead — as is usually the case — the Leafs were chasing matchups, looking to load up Marner as much as possible (which didn’t even come close to working at any point). Their fourth line, which was so good the first two games, was an afterthought in this one from the very start. This was their worst game territorially of the series by far. At some point, I’m not sure when Sheldon Keefe will learn this lesson.

Reactions: OddyOh

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
It will happen after next season..Pens were a bit too close this year which doesn't give Kyle the justification to fire Sully.

Pittsburgh fans despise Sullivan - - it’ll be an easy move for Dumbass to appease the fan base AND hire his buddy Bozo the Keefe.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
He's by far their biggest detriment. In spite of their (the core) flaws and issues between the ears, Dubas, Keefe, and Shanahan for keeping them are the biggest reason for this cores failure.

Keefe is an absolute clown. Even with this patchwork defence, I'd love to see what this team could do with a better coach and goalie.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
He's by far their biggest detriment. In spite of their (the core) flaws and issues between the ears, Dubas, Keefe, and Shanahan for keeping them are the biggest reason for this cores failure.

Keefe is an absolute clown. Even with this patchwork defence, I'd love to see what this team could do with a better coach and goalie.

Dumbest coach in Leafs history. Under Keefe he is so bad we become the Leefes. Its a subtle distinction but a meaningful one.

Fire this buffoon already.

Reactions: egd27 and Jmo89

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Berube is my top of the currently unemployed guys.

I'm sick and tired of coaches afraid to hold people accountable. It's time for an actual hardass. Apparently Keefe is one away from the media, but I've seen nothing that shows that.

But we all know Darryl Sutter is going to be here by the draft, right?

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Dumbest coach in Leafs history. Under Keefe he is so bad we become the Leefes. Its a subtle distinction but a meaningful one.

Fire this buffoon already.

I'm still rooting for the Leafs to win and a deep playoff run, but Keefe being gone is a very real silver lining if they go out early.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Samsonov is going to cost Keefe his job and the Leafs the series. If he has any sense he goes to Woll game 4 and just runs with him. We can sit here and say score more goals but the team on the other end isn't letting that happen it's a tight checking series. Leafs can't be spotting them easy goals. Not even one. You don't see Swayman or Ullmark gifting anything. Goaltending just too important kind of like starting pitching in that regard unfortunately.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Horrific PK and PP numbers. Can't handle matchups (as usual). Has no feel for the game. A terrible motivator.

He's a glorified regular season coach fully relying on the strength of his stars and can't even do that right because they never win the Atlantic division. I refuse to believe management doesn't know this and the only reason they're keeping him is to have that bullet in the chamber to protect themselves.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $370.00