Player Discussion Sheldon Keefe - All encompassing galaxy brain discussion

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
I'm still in awe he called out Domi. LOL

He be like ' I wonder if I can make Yubbers hate me more'

Mission accomplished asshat.

More and more, it is becoming increasingly clear he is in over his head. He actively sabotages things that work. He has a great record as a regular season coach and got us into the second round but it is time for a change.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I'm still in awe he called out Domi. LOL

He be like ' I wonder if I can make Yubbers hate me more'

Mission accomplished asshat.

Keefe's too careless with his words and a self-sabateur, just like when he derailed the feel good vibes from Matthews goal pursuit. Did Claude Julien or Bruce Cassidy ever call out Zdeno Chara for slashing and cross checking? No. This is just dirty playoffs attritional gamesmanship.

Calling out Domi just means Domi is now conflicted about the way he's playing with more attention on him from referees and George Parros.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
More and more, it is becoming increasingly clear he is in over his head. He actively sabotages things that work. He has a great record as a regular season coach and got us into the second round but it is time for a change.

The way Keefe is cooking, he would be the first coach in history to be fired during a playoff series, if a lot of us had things go the way we want.

Reactions: BayStBullies

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Keefe's too careless with his words and a self-sabateur, just like when he derailed the feel good vibes from Matthews goal pursuit. Did Claude Julien or Bruce Cassidy ever call out Zdeno Chara for slashing and cross checking? No. This is just dirty playoffs attritional gamesmanship.

Calling out Domi just means Domi is now conflicted about the way he's playing with more attention on him from referees and George Parros.
Bingo

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
100% agree. Should be behind closed doors and not public

Domi was definiely a little too jacked up to start the game when he rabbit punched Marchand before the puck was dropped. Like just have a quick chat on the bench after the first shift, "love it Max, but let's settle in here." He's so clueless when it comes to managing people.

Domi is also a highly emotionally intelligent player in the sense that he has a pulse on Leafs Nation and what it wants. Just gotta reign it in a bit in a positive way.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Talk about not having his guy's backs in all the media chatter. Just so gutless to speak like you've lost control of the room, the situation and players actions.
It's what virtue-signaling, narcissists do. Make it about them.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Potentially only 3 more games of Keefe!
He will coach somewhere else if he gets fired. He has done a good job for the years he has been here while under the microscope every night.

Look, it's up to the players to earn their paycheck and win the battles on the ice. The undisciplined penalties didn't help, especially when history shows the bias for the Bruins.

If Leafs win game 2 they win the series. That's my take. They were able to hang with Boston. If not for the 5 PP's, it's a different game so Leafs have to play hard but not retaliate. In fact, sell the hit when they hit you first, force the refs to make the call. We saw TB do that often in the past.

The first goal was on Reaves. Two goals were on the boneheaded penalties and there was an empty net goal. So, the score wasn't as bad as it looked.

To me the 4th Line was strong and was the conscience of this team last night. I'd like to see how McMann can perform in such games too, its a shame he is hurt because he has a North South game. The Bruins didn't look their aggressive self after taking a few hits. Those hits wear a team down in a series.

Reactions: torontoblood

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
You'd be incorrect.

Whose fault is it that Domi is a hothead and can't control himself? I know it is Domi's but who else? I find it hard to blame Keefe for players with no control, he didn't sign them, I guess he could just not play them...

Keefe gets blamed for everything with this team, I don't know why people don't just stick to things he is in charge of.

Reactions: wingman75

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Keefe had this team playing LIKE LOSERS at the end of the season.

And guess what ?

THEY SUCK in the playoffs as well.

He needs to go.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
The contrast of being in a division with coaches who are smart tacticians and masters of media manipulation vs having Keefe as our head coach is striking. Keefe is never proactive in his approach and can never adapt when his game plan is countered or lines aren’t working. Not to mention our special teams always go straight into the toilet in the playoffs. Combine that with his oafish demeanour and lack of a way with words and it’s no wonder guys like Torterella, Cooper, and Maurice have coached circles around him. Good chance Montgomery is next in line to do this.

Last edited:

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
It was said in public or else we won’t know it.
Maybe it was already said in private was my point. Too much speculation. I'm not getting on a guy based on what he says to the media. What matters is what he said to the player, which we have zero idea about. I always assume if said in public, it was already dealt with directly.

Reactions: Gabriel426

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad