OT: Sheetz vs. Wawa

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Yessir, enjoyed my toasted tuna hoagie with hot peppers for lunch today, and of course a pretzel for later.

WaWa dyes the pretzel. That brown color isn't from the baking process.

How do I know? I once picked up one that wasn't fully cooked and the dye got all over my hands.

NitHeel

Kimmo Forever
May 20, 2009
Reading, PA
Sheetz is fine, and the only option if you want something fried, but on the things they both do, it's Wawa by a mile. 54-10 isn't the proper ratio.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
WaWa dyes the pretzel. That brown color isn't from the baking process.

How do I know? I once picked up one that wasn't fully cooked and the dye got all over my hands.

I don't care, the pretzel is awesome. That dye is forever coming off and I lick it off my hands with the salt residue.

We are talking about Sheetz and WaWa here, it's "food" not food.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Sheetz is awful.

Rutters > Wawa > Pittsburgh Penguins > Sheetz

I just got home from the gym, am exhausted, and still laughed hard at this.

Then I cried a little because there are neither of these places where I live, and now I'm starving. So thanks.:(

El Emperor

Apr 2, 2010
Woodstown, NJ
I went to college where Sheetz was king, but back home, Wawa is king so I hope I can put a good spin on this.

I do prefer Sheetz, simply because their selection is off the charts compared to Wawa. Now, if Wawa was to expand and offer fries (or fryz, as Sheetz calls them) or more stuff to their menu, then yeah, I might swing the other way.

Basically, Wawa has a little bit more quality to their food, but Sheetz has so much more quantity that puts it over the top.

whskybarJM

Jan 3, 2009
ca
O please, not question

Wawa > royal farms > Sheetz.

Royal farms gets the nod as their chicken sliders are pretty darn good.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
WAWA. Hoagiefest (even though they are not that good, the convenience of them are great).

Also, the smoothies are really good, seriously.

King Fish

Jan 29, 2003
Where's ma pizza?
Visit site
I grew up on Wawa then moved slightly West down the turnpike, I live a stones throw from Sheetz now. Sheetz is garbage! I'd rather eat hot dogs at Sunoco. Want to try something surprisingly good? Certain high volume Wawa's have sausage gravy & biscuits. Wow is all I have to say. I have eaten Sheetz twice times. I had a ham egg and cheese pretzel breakfast sandwich, the ham was so bad I almost puked. The last time I ate was at 12:30 after a good bit of booze. Went for a meatball hoagie, bad idea I couldn't even eat half of it and I was drunk!

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I am a fan of their premade breakfast sandwiches pretty good & quick on the go instead having to wait on people to make you something. I usually get the sausage on a bagel but I'll switch it out with pork roll & turkey from time to time.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I thought there was a free agent named Sheetz, and one named Wawa to choose from.;)

WaWa was a 1C who has declined to 4C and is paid 4.5 for four more years. Let me know, good sirs, how I can procure brand name iced coffee at WaWa and not --- I'm not even sure what they're attempting with the WaWa brand iced coffee -- have to drink that -- stuff.

Sheetz is Matt Read. Reasonably priced. Has everything/variety.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
If Wawa is Vinny, Sheetz is Schenn. You keep hoping he'll be good but all he does is disappoint and leave you hoping he goes out of business. Maybe goes into a different line of sales, like discount meats and raw liquid fertilizer. And he doesn't even have that fantastic iced tea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad