Shed of Vengeance (Memorial of Vengeance)

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
It has been a while since I made an update. I was busy, which was not too shabby. I am studying for one of my two remaining finals - Internal Medicine. And I am living in interesting times. There are very few new things happening, but if they are they are big.

Both in terms of "professional" and personal life.

Well, first off the final is a monster. However, since Internal is something I want to do (at least as a baseline for a later specialization) I'd better do my damn best simply because it's the right thing to do. Dad used to say: "learn it because you wanna be a good doctor, not because you want to pass an exam".
Second thing is that me and Pneumology is something that has been postponed. I had an interview (my first true job interview) with the committee (not the head of the department) and let's just say that my deck of cards was missing the aces. I am someone who has skills that are not exactly easily described on a CV. Because of the first half, I have shit grades and I have no scientific stuff done. Or some international internship.
I have people skills. I am good with people in the hospital regardless of their rank and position. I can get stuff. I can talk patients into doing the right thing (my personal best of my short "career" is calming one lady who wanted to cancel radiotherapy, her reasons were understandable - homesickness and bad reaction to chemo, but the switch helped so it was the right choice).
Anyway, I had internships at the gastro clinic at the teaching hospital, followed by 3 weeks at a small regional hospital via contract and 1 week at Military Hospital in my city (about that later). The regional hospital in question is currently one of my two most likely soon-to-be-employers. The other is in a rival city that is fairly similar to this one.
Needless to say that both interviews at these hospitals were much more pleasant and personable. Because I talked to the actual heads of the departments. The second job interview... I was still nervous, but it was still a good experience. He cared more about who I am as a person. Whether it was because smaller hospitals put more emphasis on team play or because he had some info on my work/work ethic from the doctors at the wards... I don't know. Either way, he seems like a man that can teach me things that can help me how to be a good doctor and someone who I can imagine as my boss.
The third one was arranged on a fairly quick note, which could have helped me kill the nervosity. I was calm and confident, but not cocky (I have no intent to hide my past mistakes). The head of this department appreciated my honesty and my way of rationalizing things.
Got about 10 days to pick.

About the Military Hospital... Well here's a funny story.
The previous two groups who were supposed to learn there didn't spend there more than 2 days. Since the final is coming, we were focused on spending as much time there or less.
So we came there, assembled the party, and went to see the head. I took the initiative and asked if we could make some arrangement because we are busy with studying and they are busy with all the funky COVID strains and mutations. He didn't accept or reject my proposal, just chuckled and sent us to a doctor who was in charge of the ward and our learning.
Said doctor sent us to change into white... and then I managed to gain the initiative again. The doctor didn't look like it, but as he said himself he was waiting (as in hoping) for someone to say it. So necessary covers were created and we bailed and third times the charm, I took the initiative and asked the good secretary of the head to give us the stamps which she was completely fine with as we had the approval of the doctor.
PEOPLE SKILLS.
We spend an hour there. Alone time and study time for the entire group. Everybody wins.

And the third thing is that yours truly is... in love. Which is kinda dope. Because of recent circumstances in our personal lives, I was pressing the issue very slowly, but steadily. Now I just need for her to cross the border back. Praise calls and video calls, but there is some stuff that requires actually being together and I am not talking only about the obvious.

If you wanna why I didn't spend much time comment the 2nd and 3rd match against C-Bus... well here it is.

Funnily enough, it seems I am the calm/patient one. She's pretty fiery underneath her "general public" exterior.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
The point is... BEING VENGEFUL TOGETHER.
220px-Pierre-Narcisse_Gu%C3%A9rin_-_Clytemnestra_and_Agamemnon_-_WGA10974.jpg

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Once more the regular season is behind us.
I met the majority of you in the winter and spring of 2019.

Different times back then. Canes were an upstart jerk of an underdog who was rushing towards play-offs in the most frenetic manner possible. My account was already a year old, but it had seen next to no action until that point. Mrázek was getting back on track. Nečas was in AHL. THE IDEA OF A DECENT HURRICANE GOALIE WAS CONSIDERED EITHER PREHISTORIC OR INSANE. Canes were on the brink of finally having some long-term potential, but that didn't matter, not at that moment. It was time to end the drought. And the drought was ended with another glorious playoff run pulled out of the team's collective asses. I rarely watched games, mostly highlights until play-off hit.

Different times indeed. Fans could visit the arena in full force. It was even hard to imagine future years would be any different in that regard. World, in general, made a lot more sense. Also, my hair was longer, my beard was hardly a beard among other things.
Two years later and all of these things (and many more) have changed. I am more jaded, stoic, and hopefully a bit wiser because I feel like I aged four years between the spring of 2020 and spring of 2021.
I have come to befriend some of you to an extent I couldn't have foreseen two years ago, I have come to care for some of you, I have gotten to know some of you by name (and no, I don't mean Dave here), I have come to learn a great deal about food.
I HAVE ALSO INFILTRATED SEVERAL OTHER BOARDS AND GOTTEN AWAY WITH CAPS LOCK ON THE GODDAMN MAIN BOARD (ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS).

Now with things returning to some semblance of normalcy, I would like to thank you all for being here together for others. For being a small part of what helped us to get through the pandemic so far because I DARE TO HOPE.
I DARE TO HOPE FOR A WORLD WHERE AT LEAST A SMALL PORTION OF PEOPLE TURNED WISER BECAUSE OF ALL THE BULLCRAP WE HAVE BEEN THROUGH FOR THE PAST MONTHS. I DARE TO HOPE FOR A WORLD WHERE WE DON'T HAVE TO WONDER WHEN WILL BE THE NEXT TIME WE WILL EAT OUT. I DARE TO HOPE FOR A WORLD WHERE WE WILL BE ABLE TO DO ALL THESE LITTLE THINGS WE COULDN'T DO FOR SO LONG. I DARE TO HOPE FOR A WORLD WHERE PEOPLE WILL APPRECIATE THAT THEY FINALLY CAN DO SO.
I dare to hope I will actually visit a Carolina Hurricane game in person one day and meet some of you and try my FIRST FU^KING TAILGATE.
Because that will be my Vengeance.

Now at the dawn of the 2021 NHL Stanley Cup playoffs, Hurricanes enter as winners of the Central Division which sounds odd on its own for several reasons. They enter playoffs for the third time in a row. They have three good (if not great) NHL goaltenders. So I dare to hope Carolina Hurricanes win the Stanley Cup 2021, as they enter as a team who is ACTUALLY EXPECTED TO PERFORM. MAY THEY HARVEST THE SEEDS THAT WERE SOWN IN THE SPRING OF 2019.

NOW STAND AN ATTENTION FOR OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM.

FOR BOOZE, FOR BARBEQUE, FOR BOOBS, FOR BUTTS.

RRRRAAAALLLLEEEEIIIIGGGGHHHH

VENGEANCE WILL BE OURS AND NHL RUBBLE.
Canes won a division with both of the Stanley Cup finalists from the previous season. They are in play-offs again. Treasure these moments. BECAUSE NOTHING LASTS FOREVER.

However, it's the fleetingness of it all that makes these moments beautiful.

Last edited:

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
@MrazeksVengeance , So how long before we get to call you Dr. Vengeance?
WHEN… HOW MANY.
TWO FINALS AND AN EXAM.

I FU^KED UP THE INTERNAL MEDICINE IN APRIL. NEXT TERM 31ST OF MAY. THEN SURGERY AFTER THAT. AND THAN IMMUNOLOGY BECAUSE I HAVE TO PICK UP MY OWN OLD TRASH.

My journey through Med has initially been arduous because of mistakes of my own doing and when I almost got my act together… well an event beyond my control happened.

But hey, THINGS TRULY COUNT WHEN STARS ALIGN THE OTHER WAY EVEN MORE, RIGHT?

Reactions: hockeynjune

hockeynjune

CAT4 and RI TAKE SHELTER NOW
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
WHEN… HOW MANY.
TWO FINALS AND AN EXAM.

I FU^KED UP THE INTERNAL MEDICINE IN APRIL. NEXT TERM 31ST OF MAY. THEN SURGERY AFTER THAT. AND THAN IMMUNOLOGY BECAUSE I HAVE TO PICK UP MY OWN OLD TRASH.

My journey through Med has initially been arduous because of mistakes of my own doing and when I almost got my act together… well an event beyond my control happened.

But hey, THINGS TRULY COUNT WHEN STARS ALIGN THE OTHER WAY EVEN MORE, RIGHT?

You are gonna be a great MD!

Reactions: MrazeksVengeance

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad