Confirmed with Link: Sheahan extends contract by two years (2.075 AAV)

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
He's gone pretty much .5 ppg every season except this one

His two first full seasons (75+ games) he's averaged a .38 ppg. A short season inflates that. To score 50 points he would have to increase from .38 ppg to .60 ppg or an increase of .22 ppg or a nearly 60% increase.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
His two first full seasons (75+ games) he's averaged a .38 ppg. A short season inflates that. To score 50 points he would have to increase from .38 ppg to .60 ppg or an increase of .22 ppg or a nearly 60% increase.

You're going to lose whatever money you put up if you don't even think there's a small chance that Sheahan puts up 50+ in just 1 or 2 seasons in his career when his numbers indicate he usually does 35-40

obey86

Jun 9, 2009

Over the span of 2 seasons (121 total games) he averaged 0.5 PPG, or 41 points per 82 games played.

So to say he could never put up 40-50 points in a single season, considering he's played at that pace in the past for a sample size longer than a single season, is silly.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Want to put money on that? Because betting against it will be the easiest money I ever make.

Considering you are pretty consistently wrong about Wings prospects I would feel pretty confident in my odds.

All you ever do is claim a player won't do something and pretend you knew it all along when you're occasionally right. If you throw enough **** at a wall eventually something will stick :laugh: I'll be impressed when you actually predict a player will do something good.

Acting like a player that averaged a 41 point pace his first two seasons in the league has no chance at 50 points at his peak is laughable.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Considering you are pretty consistently wrong about Wings prospects I would feel pretty confident in my odds.

All you ever do is claim a player won't do something and pretend you knew it all along when you're occasionally right. If you throw enough **** at a wall eventually something will stick :laugh: I'll be impressed when you actually predict a player will do something good.

Acting like a player that averaged a 41 point pace his first two seasons in the league has no chance at 50 points at his peak is laughable.

Because you take the smallest sample size to justify your assumption. And constantly wrong? I mean it wasn't like I called Callahan, Abury, Smith, Jurco and Ericsson not being world burners. The only example of me being 'wrong' so far is AA, and I was being conservative in juxtaposition to people on here who constantly make every player seem like the second comings. 50-60 points is a lot, it's what Toews scored this season. It's more than anyone not named Zetterberg scored this season. It's more than Abedlkader has scored in his life. It's where I see Larkin landing on his up and downswings of his career (with his peak being 60-70 pts a season).

I will be less hyperbolic: Short of Sheahan being on the second line with great to elite wingers, or on the first line as a winger with someone like Stamkos centering him I don't see him being over a .5 ppg player. That's not a bad thing, he brings more to the table than his goal scoring/play making. It would make him one of the best third line centers in the game or at least a serviceable second like center for a few seasons. But honestly, I just don't see him having that extra gear on his own.

As for gloating, it's funny you should say that, because looking over my posting history, I have been much more likely to admit when I am wrong (Pulkks, AA, etc) than to gloat. In the end though my conservatism has allowed me to enjoy the emergence of our prospects a lot, because I never over inflate them.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad