Confirmed with Link: Sheahan extends contract by two years (2.075 AAV)

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Good.

Time to shine Riley.

Become a stellar PK'er.

2nd or 3rd liner center or heavy power forward please.

I like Riley, but I hope we're not depending on him as a second line center... He's just not talented enough. And I'm not sure he's capable of playing "big" enough to be a power forward on any line. That said, I like him on the third line, and the contract seems to fit that usage well.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I like Riley. This is a good deal, I am happy with it. Interested to see what Mrazek and DeKeyser get.

HockeyinHD

Semi-retired former active poster.
Jun 18, 2006
Seems fair. Probably places a Helm UFA comparable at 3-3.5, DK at 4.5 and Mrazek somewhere in the 4's, I'd suspect. Depending on terms of the deals, of course.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
I thought it'd be like 1.5-1.75

I'm perfectly fine with 2 though

Seems fair. Probably places a Helm UFA comparable at 3-3.5, DK at 4.5 and Mrazek somewhere in the 4's, I'd suspect. Depending on terms of the deals, of course.

Yeah, lock up DK long term, like 5-6 years, 4.5ish.

Mrazek's contract is a tough one. His caphit is gonna depend on his term, obviously. If it's only a 2 year bridge, I'd think you're looking at around 3 million on the nose.

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I saw him and his role as a former "abdelkader", who had 1.8M old caphit. This is pretty much in line with that. Cap has g8ne up a bit from those days so relatively ~same.

I'd like to see Sheahan also more on the 2nd PP net-front. He looked promising on last Babcock days but Blashill put him more to defensive duties. He can do both.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Riley needs to shoot a lot more. Crash harder, be the net front presence and work those corners like a mother ****ing heavy riot.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Good deal for both. Need Riley to shoot more, he's got a beautiful shot

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Big couple years for Riley. The hopes of second line center feel faded, but a strong defensive 3rd line center would be great.

Electric Eric

#91 To the Rafters!
Feb 10, 2014
Portland -> Netherlands
Bridge contracts are pretty cut and dry aren't they?

Eh, you could argue that. But then you step back and realize that there is, I think, a lot more decision making that goes into RFA signings. Future contracts, comparables, is a bridge the right deal to make? Or should we sign this kid up long term and hope for cheap. Klingberg's contract is good example. If they had gone bridge route, which would've been a reasonable way to go since realistically you would have no idea if he could repeat or improve off of that one NHL season. They would probably be regretting that right about now. Sky appears to be the limit with that kid, next contract would have him getting PAID. But they went long term, some people already consider his contract a steal.

To me though, you look at what most people here or at other sites and what they predict our RFAs will get and it typically comes in under most predictions. Think most people were saying Sheahan will get around 2.5mil. 500k isn't a number to scoff at, that money adds up. Thats why I think Holland does an excellent job when it comes to RFA signings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad