Value of: Shea Weber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
We traded an extra one. It didn't work out. You're advocating trading a 1st and 2, 2nds and what if it doesn't work out. Right now, Tanev wouldn't even be playing for us.
Neither would Weber...that's why this thread is funny.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Neither would Weber...that's why this thread is funny.
I think what's most funny about this (and other threads) is people overlooking that fact that the reason the Leafs are where they are in this series is because on any given night they have far, far too many passengers. A new coach or a top pair D aren't going to fix that. Without all oars in the water, you're pretty much dead.

Reactions: Liferleafer

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

HabsEstrie

Sep 30, 2017

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
I like Weber and all, but the mans got about an 8 million dollar cap against him until he's 40. That's ludicrous. He'll be a buyout candidate in 2020 if there's any slip in his game or injury's become a problem. He'll be pushing 35 and have 5 years left on his contract.

Last edited:

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Not my team but idgaf

Parise

The wild can defend their way to the Stanley cup with a suter weber pairing.

Allhailtheleafs

Feb 18, 2018
As a leaf fan. We don't need cap retention, we could send a player the other way.

Leafs:
Shea Webber

Montreal:
Zaitsev, 2018 1st, 2019 2nd and leivo/bracco (take your pic)

Toronto gets someone to slot into 1rd. they take on a massive contract, but send a long term contract to balance the budget. Montreal gets a capable rd on a long term affordable contract,a late first pick + 2nd, and either an NHL ready player, or a decent prospect.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Mods close this thread. I don't know what happened on yesterday's episode of hf but it seems to have reached a rather stupid point.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Mods close this thread. I don't know what happened on yesterday's episode of hf but it seems to have reached a rather stupid point.

Why would they close the thread?

You guys can take your bickering elsewhere.

This isn't a Leafs v Habs thread, I actually want to see what the value of Weber around the league is.

Halakitlikethat

Oct 10, 2013
British Columbia
Think he’d be a great fit in Toronto but I’m not sure they are good trading partners with Montreal.

I’ve seen this a lot and just want to clarify too, it was a foot injury Weber had and he had surgery on the tendon in his foot, not his ankle .

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Why would they close the thread?

You guys can take your bickering elsewhere.

This isn't a Leafs v Habs thread, I actually want to see what the value of Weber around the league is.
It seems like a reactionary thread to something and there are indeed reactions coming from it. That seems like the only thing coming from it. Btw I'm a leafs fan.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
It seems like a reactionary thread to something and there are indeed reactions coming from it. That seems like the only thing coming from it. Btw I'm a leafs fan.

Everything is reactionary, without a cause there can be no effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille