Proposal: Shea Weber to VAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
LMAO......Montreal just traded for this guy. They are not going to be trading him away for at least 3 years if not more.

nucksauce

Oct 30, 2013
Wow. That's pretty bad. Sorry. I wouldn't even trade that for Subban.

If this were to become something like the Jeff Carter in Clb then Mtl would be getting much less than this. If Mtl was smart they would target Tanev + Horvat and that's probably enough to do it.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Basically Vancouver needs Weber and Montreal needs to win a big trade again

Why does Vancouver need Weber? Why does Montreal need to win a trade again? They're doing just fine. They might do this based on Vancouver giving up more than 4 first round picks. At the same time though they aren't rebuilding. Vancouver is not competing and I wouldn't be surprised if they finished last in the pacific

kunekune

Feb 17, 2016
I see this as a bad trade for both teams.

What Van gives is clearly more valuable but it hurts Montreal window. Van isn't a contender even with Weber and they should keep their assets and hope to be a contender in 5 years.

That 1st rounder could be #1st pick.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Montreal isn't going to trade for Weber and then flip him shortly afterwards.

Vancouver would be really stupid to do this. Do they want a future?

iloveloov*

1337 intangibles
Apr 24, 2013
Leafs & Canucks
OK I changed it a bit to make it more fair for Vancouver..

Why does Vancouver need Weber? Why does Montreal need to win a trade again? They're doing just fine. They might do this based on Vancouver giving up more than 4 first round picks. At the same time though they aren't rebuilding. Vancouver is not competing and I wouldn't be surprised if they finished last in the pacific

Vancouver needs Weber because it has no point shot on the PP but most importantly Shea will be a good mentorship for the young kids. Canucks would be cup contenders with Weber I.M.H.O.

Montreal will love Chris Tanev he is like PK Subban defensively.. Habs can afford to wait the 1 more year it will take for Boeser and Juolevi to make the NHL since Price is still young.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Wow Weber is really underrated in by Vancouver fans

No, he's over rated by Canucks fans, but this idea of yours essentially salts the earth with our future and keeps us in purgatory.

Weber would be AMAZING as an add, but the added physicality and offense Weber provides over Tanev isn't worth our top prospect, our top D prospect we've had since Ohlund (with our highest pick since the Sedins were drafted) and the added weight of Desharnais.

The only reason we'd want to move Burrows, by the by, is to make room for someone else, not for another cap dump...so I mean that's not going to register as the main problem with Canucks posters, but I love how you snuck that in there.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I would not trade Tanev one for one for Weber. Hell, I wouldn't trade any of the pieces in this trade aside from maybe Burrows one for one for him.

Sherwood71

Jul 18, 2016
Many things wrong with this deal, both the editted one and the original. Vancouver loses their top prospects and gets Weber (right after the Canadians just got him so it wouldn't happen anyway). Montreal walks away with a bandit and doesn't have to pay Shea Weber his ridiculous contract where he is makes 6mil until he is 36. Just a terrible deal for Vancouver. Shea Weber is a game changer but not this much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad