HF Habs: Shea Weber Headed to the All-Star Game (Domi Part of Last Men In List)

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
That was Komi's one shining NHL moment so let him have that. :) Also I guess that UFA contract from the Leafs thanks to Markov caring his ass around for that entire season was great for him as well. Komi was just never the same after Lucic beat the crap out of him.
I remember we’d call him Komisaurus......and like the rest of the reptiles, who was instinct quite swiftly lol

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Subban didn’t make the all star game?
ah yes the Subban bashing again.

God Montreal has been such a good team since Weber joined the habs.
Clearly let's not remember what Pk subban did bring to the habs in all those years , because clearly Subban started to struggle his last year in Nashville . Because god knows he was the problem of everything. Hes the reason that we are gonna miss the playoffs 3years in a row.

/yikes

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
His all star nod is questionable considering hes not even montreals best defenseman. hes just there so he can take part in the hardest shot comp. taking 5 strides and hammering the puck into a wide empty net, real difficult...thats all webers ever been good at.

if you look back at his career stats relative to other D men of his era, he's actually pretty good at putting the puck in the net with a goalie in there too. Take a look and tell me what you see.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
ah yes the Subban bashing again.

God Montreal has been such a good team since Weber joined the habs.
Clearly let's not remember what Pk subban did bring to the habs in all those years , because clearly Subban started to struggle his last year in Nashville . Because god knows he was the problem of everything. Hes the reason that we are gonna miss the playoffs 3years in a row.

/yikes

have you seen him play of late? He actually made a couple decent D plays against Toronto but if you saw Weber making those same turn overs and give aways and the lack of speed you'd be livid. It's actually pretty sad. Weber's having a career year. After all the blow hards went in on Weber immediately after the trade and also elevated PK to a God then yeah you're going to get posts like this. You surely can't be surprised or particularly upset by them. Just like if PK gets his swagger back and Weber starts to decline.

And if you're going to even insinuate Weber's even anywhere near a reason the Habs have declined then I'm sorry but that's just silly.

Reactions: Astormynight

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
have you seen him play of late? He actually made a couple decent D plays against Toronto but if you saw Weber making those same turn overs and give aways and the lack of speed you'd be livid. It's actually pretty sad. Weber's having a career year. After all the blow hards went in on Weber immediately after the trade and also elevated PK to a God then yeah you're going to get posts like this. You surely can't be surprised or particularly upset by them. Just like if PK gets his swagger back and Weber starts to decline.

And if you're going to even insinuate Weber's even anywhere near a reason the Habs have declined then I'm sorry but that's just silly.
Yes Subban has been struggling since last year over 3 injuries. Yes it happens , im just saying that Subban was not playing like shit in Montreal. He was probably the best player to watch in the last 20 years by far.

Also i like Weber offensive side but let's be honest that his defensive aspect has been pretty mediocre this season. Yes he's not the only reason why habs sucks overall but since hes playing Defensively on probably the worst defensive squad in the league , means there is a problem somehwere in our zone. Subban was not perfect but let's stop bashing him because hes struggling somewhere else.

Weber was clearly not named to all star because of his defensive aspect this season. Could say the same about the Norris , if the Norris was actually given for the best d-man and not the best offensive d-man. Weber wouldnt be in the top 10 at all this season.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Yes Subban has been struggling since last year over 3 injuries. Yes it happens , im just saying that Subban was not playing like **** in Montreal. He was probably the best player to watch in the last 20 years by far.

Also i like Weber offensive side but let's be honest that his defensive aspect has been pretty mediocre this season. Yes he's not the only reason why habs sucks overall but since hes playing Defensively on probably the worst defensive squad in the league , means there is a problem somehwere in our zone. Subban was not perfect but let's stop bashing him because hes struggling somewhere else.

Weber was clearly not named to all star because of his defensive aspect this season. Could say the same about the Norris , if the Norris was actually given for the best d-man and not the best offensive d-man. Weber wouldnt be in the top 10 at all this season.

Lol you bash everything and everyone. Now you're a softy for ex-Habs?

Subban's last year with us was pretty troubling. There was a decline.

He's still a +9 on a team that's 10th worst in the NHL. He's 6th in points for D men and 4th for goals. I can't speak too much to his D game but I'd say he's a better defender than Subban right now by a pretty good margin. So when you're that high in D men production then maybe it's not so bad that he isn't the best of the best D wise. I mean not being in the 'top 10' defensively isn't that bad lol. So I don't exactly get your counter argument trying to show that Weber hasn't been that good this year lol.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Marchand tied for 3rd in NHL scoring with 58 points and not picked or even an option on that last man in vote yet some Leaf fans are peeved their boy Mitchy was snubbed and deserves to go.

I'd say the players who were selected, except maybe the first timers, would rather have the 3 or 4 days off doing absolutely nothing and going somewhere sunny and warm with their families instead.

Reactions: Canad13ns and Pomee

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Marchand tied for 3rd in NHL scoring with 58 points and not picked or even an option on that last man in vote yet some Leaf fans are peeved their boy Mitchy was snubbed and deserves to go.

I'd say the players who were selected, except maybe the first timers, would rather have the 3 or 4 days off doing absolutely nothing and going somewhere sunny and warm with their families instead.
People get so bent out of shape over All-Star game selections... it's a totally meaningless game. I don't get why people get so up in arms when their player doesn't make it in a game they won't even watch... Every team has to have a player there. If Mitch Marner doesn't make the game, it's meaningless.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Yes Subban has been struggling since last year over 3 injuries. Yes it happens , im just saying that Subban was not playing like **** in Montreal. He was probably the best player to watch in the last 20 years by far.

Conversely if the Norris was given to the best defensive dman that could produce offense, Weber would have 5 of them. So it’s a little rich to knock him for putting up great offensive stats at the cost of some defensive mistakes when that is the type of dman everyone seems to love.

Reactions: Goal Caufield

Vern

Dec 9, 2013
Weber plays top minutes on a team that has a plus 2 goal differential and is plus nine on the season. And thats after going minus 4 in the last 2 games. How many times do you say " oh wow what a bonehead play by weber, that goal is his fault"? Never. Never happens at all. Sometimes he gets blown by but so does Mete and every other D in the league, fact is he's elite defensively and if you disagree it's bias. There are no stats, no proof, nothing that shows he's bad defensively. Karlsson you could say that and back it up, PK too, but not Weber

jordy

Apr 18, 2007
PK is gone bud, time to move on.

And no I’m not going to get into an argument about if Petry - who had a 15 game stretch this year where he forgot how to play hockey - is better then a guy that is battling for the Norris, has been a top ten most of his career, and will be a first ballot HOF.

You are a one of a handful of people that follow hockey that thinks Petry is better then Weber. That makes you special.

and you my friend are special for saying weber and hall of fame in the same sentence. there's a reason the guy hasn't had any success in the NHL. bottom line is he just isn't that good. besides the bomb shot which he struggles to hit the net with weber offers next to nothing.

I didn't mention PK but since you brought it up why have we sucked so bad since making that trade? I'd like a real answer too not just some lame excuse as to why you wont tell me.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
and you my friend are special for saying weber and hall of fame in the same sentence. there's a reason the guy hasn't had any success in the NHL. bottom line is he just isn't that good. besides the bomb shot which he struggles to hit the net with weber offers next to nothing.

I didn't mention PK but since you brought it up why have we sucked so bad since making that trade? I'd like a real answer too not just some lame excuse as to why you wont tell me.
I've believed Weber to be overrated for a long time. But to say he hasn't had any success is flat out trolling. He'll be a first ballot HOFer without a doubt.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017

He's still a +9 on a team that's 10th worst in the NHL. He's 6th in points for D men and 4th for goals. I can't speak too much to his D game but I'd say he's a better defender than Subban right now by a pretty good margin. So when you're that high in D men production then maybe it's not so bad that he isn't the best of the best D wise. I mean not being in the 'top 10' defensively isn't that bad lol. So I don't exactly get your counter argument trying to show that Weber hasn't been that good this year lol.
''bash everything'' I mean yeah im bashing Bergevin dumb job and how poor our D squad is and the lack of elite forwards we have 0. Indeed everythine is fine.
Also never said not being in the top10 means ur playing bad.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Conversely if the Norris was given to the best defensive dman that could produce offense, Weber would have 5 of them. So it’s a little rich to knock him for putting up great offensive stats at the cost of some defensive mistakes when that is the type of dman everyone seems to love.
''some'' Jesus. Am i the only one that watched habs last 3 seasons defensively

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
''bash everything'' I mean yeah im bashing Bergevin dumb job and how poor our D squad is and the lack of elite forwards we have 0. Indeed everythine is fine.
Also never said not being in the top10 means ur playing bad.

doesn't change the fact you don't seem to have any filter for our players but PK? Really? If he was playing the way he is now on our team at 9 million a year you wouldn't be pleading with us to stop the PK bashing. And if you don't like the word 'bashing' change it to something else you find more fitting.

Yeah I brought up that point that not being in the top 10 is certainly not bad. You still brought it up as if it was. The only point I can see is to mitigate people's appreciation for his offence this year and it just seemed like a weak point.

But hey I'm sure you loved the PK-Weber trade at the time and didn't call MB a moron for it and etc. etc. But now the trade is looking damn good apparently we're not allowed to 'bash' PK. You really don't see how rich the hypocrisy is here?

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013

Guys, just say no. I tried it, and I've never felt better, just say no jordy, not today.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

Please elaborate.

51 pts in 68 games. Which is a pace of 62 pts/82 games. It would have been his best offensive season. He was also +4. Team's 2nd best. There was a big collapse from the team but I don't see where Subban was showing sign of decline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad