Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Marvel A listers Pre-MCU:
1. XMen
2. Fantastic 4
3. Deadpool
4. Spiderman

MCU made characters A listers.
1. That's your opinion. The FF have poor sales and idk if they still have their own book. 2. Deadpool, Spidey, and the X-Men have not appeared in the MCU yet. 3. You need to learn the basics of Marvel and SW. 4. You can't do this only by watching the MCU and SW movies on Disney+. 5. Reading and research are fundamental.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
1. That's your opinion. The FF have poor sales and idk if they still have their own book. 2. Spidey and the X-Men have not appeared in the MCU movies yet. 3. You need to learn the basics of Marvel and SW. 4. You can't do this only by watching the MCU and SW movies on Disney+. 5. Reading and research are fundamental.

Umm Spidey has been in the MCU. Two solo + Civil War + Infinity War and Endgame.

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
I'd honestly rather more Disney + shows than Marvel movies after Endgame. After such world ending stuff lower end hero stuff sounds refreshing

Reactions: Elvis P

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
What's the deal of making the female version the cousin?

Supergirl was Superman's cousin
Batwoman was Batman's cousin
Now She-Hulk is the Hulk's cousin

Not to mention Van Wayne, Bruce's cousin.

It’s close enough to explain occasional and friendly familial interactions but far enough away that they can live separate lives (unlike siblings).

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
It’s close enough to explain occasional and friendly familial interactions but far enough away that they can live separate lives (unlike siblings).
This also gets around things like never establishing them has having siblings early on but wanting to introduce a family member for story purposes.

Reactions: Jussi and NyQuil

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Looks like the casting was more a rumor and not confirmed.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainme...YDwws9zgcqQEy1q1Ee2SkltHEmJTGXhioHHGumv0ffeKQ

Tatiana Maslany says she won't be smashing her way through Marvel's She-Hulk series.
The Regina, Sask.-born actress insists there's no substance to swirling rumours that she's signed to star as Jennifer Walters in the upcoming Disney Plus project, despite reports in a number of industry trades last month.
"It's funny to even acknowledge it because it isn't actually anything," Maslany explained in a phone interview.
"Yeah, like I've been auditioning for stuff. I've auditioned for these kinds of things for years now, but it's usually not like a press thing, you know what I mean?"
"It's always cool, but it's so bizarre. I would love to but..." she added, trailing off.
The star of Orphan Black and Perry Mason said while she's auditioned for many roles like She-Hulk, it's not the first time she's been linked to a blockbuster franchise without actually being cast.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Looks like the casting was more a rumor and not confirmed.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainme...YDwws9zgcqQEy1q1Ee2SkltHEmJTGXhioHHGumv0ffeKQ

Tatiana Maslany says she won't be smashing her way through Marvel's She-Hulk series.
The Regina, Sask.-born actress insists there's no substance to swirling rumours that she's signed to star as Jennifer Walters in the upcoming Disney Plus project, despite reports in a number of industry trades last month.
"It's funny to even acknowledge it because it isn't actually anything," Maslany explained in a phone interview.
"Yeah, like I've been auditioning for stuff. I've auditioned for these kinds of things for years now, but it's usually not like a press thing, you know what I mean?"
"It's always cool, but it's so bizarre. I would love to but..." she added, trailing off.
The star of Orphan Black and Perry Mason said while she's auditioned for many roles like She-Hulk, it's not the first time she's been linked to a blockbuster franchise without actually being cast.

John Campea went though some option on his show.
- She's lying like Paul Rudd and Brie Larson did
- She had initially agreed but something happened and the deal fell apart
- Her agent jumped the gun
- Because it was a phone interview, something might have been heard incorrectly.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Ok interesting, seems it will be a comedy

Tatiana Maslany Stars in new ‘She-Hulk’ Comedy Series Coming to Disney+

It’s time to dive into the world of superhuman-oriented legal cases with Marvel Studios’ She-Hulk, a brand new comedy series coming to Disney+. Revealed during The Walt Disney Company’s 2020 Investor Day presentation by Kevin Feige, president, Marvel Studios, and chief creative officer, Marvel, Tatiana Maslany stars in the show as Jennifer Walters — aka, She-Hulk — a lawyer who specializes in this specific kind of legal case.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Ok interesting, seems it will be a comedy

Tatiana Maslany Stars in new ‘She-Hulk’ Comedy Series Coming to Disney+

It’s time to dive into the world of superhuman-oriented legal cases with Marvel Studios’ She-Hulk, a brand new comedy series coming to Disney+. Revealed during The Walt Disney Company’s 2020 Investor Day presentation by Kevin Feige, president, Marvel Studios, and chief creative officer, Marvel, Tatiana Maslany stars in the show as Jennifer Walters — aka, She-Hulk — a lawyer who specializes in this specific kind of legal case.

The comic book was comedy heavy.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
'She-Hulk' Series at Disney Plus Casts Jameela Jamil - Variety

The series centers on lawyer Jennifer Walters (Tatiana Maslany), cousin of Bruce Banner, who inherits his Hulk powers after she receives a blood transfusion from him. Unlike Bruce, however, when she hulks out Jennifer is able to retain most of her personality, intelligence, and emotional control. Jamil will reportedly play Titania, a Marvel supervillain with incredible strength and a frequent rival of She-Hulk.
Reps for Marvel Studios and Jamil did not immediately respond to Variety’s request for comment. This post will be updated should that change.
Along with Maslany, Jamil joins previously announced cast members Renée Elise Goldsberry, Ginger Gonzaga, and Tim Roth. Mark Ruffalo will also reprise the role of Bruce Banner in the series.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
'She-Hulk' Series at Disney Plus Casts Jameela Jamil - Variety

The series centers on lawyer Jennifer Walters (Tatiana Maslany), cousin of Bruce Banner, who inherits his Hulk powers after she receives a blood transfusion from him. Unlike Bruce, however, when she hulks out Jennifer is able to retain most of her personality, intelligence, and emotional control. Jamil will reportedly play Titania, a Marvel supervillain with incredible strength and a frequent rival of She-Hulk.
Reps for Marvel Studios and Jamil did not immediately respond to Variety’s request for comment. This post will be updated should that change.
Along with Maslany, Jamil joins previously announced cast members Renée Elise Goldsberry, Ginger Gonzaga, and Tim Roth. Mark Ruffalo will also reprise the role of Bruce Banner in the series.

This is very good news - Jameela Jamil is fantastic - loved her in The Good Place. She's had a lot of hurdles to overcome in her career, glad to see she's joining Marvel.

Titania's boyfriend is Absorbing Man, I wonder if we'll see him appear again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad