Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Maple leaf app and..

CJPG5HSW8AA0ulG.jpg:large

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Keep bringing these guys in, love the 1-year deals. Give them some ice-time, showcase them, deal them at the deadline for picks, build the prospect pool. Repeat.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
One of the few FA I looked at during the course of the year with some interest. Figured he would be a great 1 year rental that we can pawn off at the deadline for a 2nd rounder or B+ prospect (much like Santorelli).

I REALLY felt he was going to sign a longer deal though so I didn't think we would get him. Figured 2-3 years at around $2-3M was a sure thing.

Happy about this. It's basically buying a 2nd rounder/B+ prospect.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
I love it!

I think he is a noticeable player and I was actually hoping for him to be a Leaf out of the FA pool

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I was thinking we'd get this guy. Our yearly 1-year contract to a guy from Vancouver. :laugh:

I like it.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
Really good deal for the Leafs. 2.3M per season.

He's relatively young and might be a good piece moving forward or a great piece to flip at the deadline for assets.

Turk Broda

Jun 2, 2009
Really happy with this signing. An underrated player who could put up decent numbers under Babcock.

FifthLine

@AHartScout
Jul 2, 2011
toronto
Pretty much seals Bozaks fate. Babcock says he expects Kadri to be an elite player this year, so likely he gets #1c minutes. Then Holland and Matthias, and Dubas said Spaling will move back to centre this year.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
This guy was near the top of my wish list after Cody Hodgson.

I really like this signing by the Leafs and I hope this signals that a Bozak trade is also on the horizon now that Leaf have another center locked up for next season.

Excited to see Matthias in a Leaf jersey next year. :handclap:

StevieBlunder

Jun 17, 2015
Brilliant! Smart move, he'll do well as a Leaf and will be a decent trade chip if nothing else.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
The first word that came to mind? Meh.

For a guy that has a bunch of prospects in his avatar, this sort of move should be right up your alley (i.e. deal him at deadline for pick/prospect).

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
This guy was near the top of my wish list after Cody Hodgson.

I really like this signing by the Leafs and I hope this signals that a Bozak trade is also on the horizon now that Leaf have another center locked up for next season.

Excited to see Matthias in a Leaf jersey next year. :handclap:

Appears to be the case that's for sure .. Kadri - Holland - Matthias - Spalding and Arcobello can play up the middle if need be too

Hopefully he has a good year to get the Leafs another pick

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Mostly happy about this..... I like the player and we have another good guy to trade at the deadline and potentially get a pick for, but there are fewer and fewer spots open to the Marlies now. Then again, there's always injuries and the Marlies will get their chance after the deadline when we have a mini-exodus of players.

Look for Bozak to be gone in the next day or two. Even sources outside of Eklund are saying he's going soon.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Could easily stick around for a couple years until the blue-chippers ripen.

http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2015/0...awn-matthias-as-he-rides-off-into-the-sunset/

At one point, Matthias was second on the Canucks in goalscoring, behind only Radim Vrbata, but he cooled off towards the end of the season, scoring just 2 goals over his last 18 regular season games and he ended up on the fourth line in the playoffs. He still finished tied for third on the team in goals with Henrik Sedin and Alex Burrows.

His 18 goals and 27 points were both career highs for the 27-year-old. His career year came with next-to-no power play time and limited ice time overall, suggesting that he has some room to improve. It also came with the highest shooting percentage of his career at 13.6% and he was one of the team’s worst forwards in terms of puck possession, suggesting his numbers might well fall off next season.

Matthias could go either way, making him a risky bet for whichever team signs him; the Canucks are unlikely to take that bet, so let’s take this opportunity to thank Matthias for his time in Vancouver and wish him all the best in the future.

He was 6th. for face-offs taken on the Canucks and 44.9%.

Probably more a winger.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
I think people are setting themselves up for disappointment at next year's deadline. I doubt we're going to be dealing as many players as people hope.

Re: Matthias. Interesting signing. Surprised he didn't get more attention.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad