Boston Globe SHAUGHNESSY This one clinched it: Tom Brady is the greatest Boston athlete of all time

Who do you think is the greatest athlete in Boston sports history?

• Total voters

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
And you will become a Habs fan :) Shouldn't you be at the parade? Oh ya you don't live in Boston.

If you did then I would give a crap about your opinion

This is the insecurity of this conversation. Spewing at someone who is a Boston fan who doesn't live in Boston. You just became a big fan of other posters in here which is quite a bit that don't live in Boston.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
This is the insecurity of this conversation. Spewing at someone who is a Boston fan who doesn't live in Boston. You just became a big fan of other posters in here which is quite a bit that don't live in Boston.

It pretty evident this kid comes after me whenever he smells a Brady fart. Most poster from out of town ( love most of them) don't sit here and lecture Bostonians on our sports history.

Spends he post time tearing up bruins ownership and the GM. Maybe the Bruins can send DK to the Habs for a first rounder and I can get rid of both of them LOL :)

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
It pretty evident this kid comes after me whenever he smells a Brady fart. Most poster from out of town ( love most of them) don't sit here and lecture Bostonians on our sports history.

Spends he post time tearing up bruins ownership and the GM. Maybe the Bruins can send DK to the Habs for a first rounder and I can get rid of both of them LOL :)
All you did here was confirm what I stated. So to you unless someone lives in Boston they don't have a legitimate opinion on Boston sports history.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
8 straight AFC title games appearances and 3 super bowl victories in 5 years (3 straight appearences) hardly needs to be explained

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
All you did here was confirm what I stated. So to you unless someone lives in Boston they don't have a legitimate opinion on Boston sports history.

" Opinion" is one thing "lecturing" is another. I having given more time to this than it deserved.

And I will stick to my "Opinion" that NO Brady is the NOT the greatest in Boston sports history.

Hell, I will say Patrice Bergeron is up there with the "Greatest" of Boston ,but what do I know

PlayoffBeard365

Apr 11, 2014
Cape Cod, MA
"Greatest Athlete", lol, is def not a white lanky pocket passing qb. Hockey or basketball players all day. Orr got my vote as he is only hockey player.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Greatest athlete is obviously related to their dominance in their respected sport and Brady takes that title based on his success over almost 20 years. Orr was dominant but not for a long time considering David Krejci has more playoff points that Orr

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
"Greatest Athlete", lol, is def not a white lanky pocket passing qb. Hockey or basketball players all day. Orr got my vote as he is only hockey player.
B7rsuoSCMAAFgld.jpg

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Greatest athlete is obviously related to their dominance in their respected sport and Brady takes that title based on his success over almost 20 years. Orr was dominant but not for a long time considering David Krejci has more playoff points that Orr

This should end well.

Reactions: JRull86

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
And yet Brady is still more jacked in that photo than Chris Sale has ever dreamed of being.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
I don't like this...

Feels like I'm dissing the others and their accomplishments by picking one over the other.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I've been thinking about this a lot, and my conclusion is that this is an impossible task. It's hard enough to compare athletes who play the same sport through various eras, never mind comparing players within different sports across various eras and different points in our history.

Ultimate fence-sitter, I am. The question cannot be answered.

download.jpg

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

The greatest athlete alive is a 5-7 inch, 158lb white guy from Argentina.

PlayoffBeard365

Apr 11, 2014
Cape Cod, MA
The greatest athlete alive is a 5-7 inch, 158lb white guy from Argentina.
Ya, I assumed this was best athlete of the 4 major sports. Messi is a good choice but my vote would be UFC fighter Demetrious Johnson if all sports are open. He's 5'3" 126 lbs. That said if Lebron decided to play anything he would be great at it IMO and I don't care for basketball much.

Last edited:

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Orr literally changed the game of hockey and how it is played.

Brady, not so much

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Michael Phelps is 6-4 and 198 lbs from the US. :)

Love Messi though. Scary to think he had to load up on HGH just to get to 5-7 and 158 lbs.

lol. Someone thinks Michael Phelps is the best athlete alive. How many people enroll in competitive swimming?

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
lol. Someone thinks Michael Phelps is the best athlete alive. How many people enroll in competitive swimming?

Enrollment?!? Shocker that you would use that as your lone criteria. That's literally the only thing soccer has going for it.

But I'll play: over 400,000 in the US alone.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Enrollment?!? Shocker that you would use that as your lone criteria. That's literally the only thing soccer has going for it.

But I'll play: over 400,000 in the US alone.

There are over a billion people playing soccer. The number is at least 100x the amount of people in competitive swimming. If you're going to pick a best athlete, would it be from the sport that everyone, everywhere plays. Or a fringe activity?

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
There are over a billion people playing soccer. The number is at least 100x the amount of people in competitive swimming. If you're going to pick a best athlete, would it be from the sport that everyone, everywhere plays. Or a fringe activity?

1. You suck at math. Using your 1 billion. 1 billion is 100 times 10,000. I already cited 400,000 in the US alone. And my figure only includes those registered with USA Swimming. Not just some kid in his backyard playing soccer.

2. You're confusing "best at the most popular sport" with "best athlete". You are eliminating the possibility that the best athlete in the world could participate in anything but the most popular sport in the world. Horrible logic right there.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
1. You suck at math. Using your 1 billion. 1 billion is 100 times 10,000. I already cited 400,000 in the US alone. And my figure only includes those registered with USA Swimming. Not just some kid in his backyard playing soccer.

2. You're confusing "best at the most popular sport" with "best athlete". You are eliminating the possibility that the best athlete in the world could participate in anything but the most popular sport in the world. Horrible logic right there.

Paddling in water isnt a sport :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad