Eklund Rumor: Shattenkirk, prospect, pick for Duchene and a pick?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I refuse to click on an Eklund link....but the premise is stupid for Colorado to consider.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Oh Eklund, never change. Highly doubt that Avs do this. The Blues fans would possibly love it tho, depending on what round pick and prospect are going the other way.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
So Duchene for a late 1st rounder since each side is supplying a prospect and Shattenkirk has no reason to re-up long-term with this tire fire club meanwhile we have $6 million tied up in Tyson Barrie.

Gee, great deal for St. Louis. At least this would get Sakic fired without question.

Good job Eklund...your "sources" are surely spot on as always.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Duchene to STL makes sense. Shattenkirk to COL does not. The only way I see this working is:

A) A third team is involved that wants Shattenkirk. or
B) COL already has a deal in place to trade Barrie and has the framework of an extension in place for Shattenkirk.

I've been trying for a week to figure out who NJ could send to COL as part of a three-way deal where the Devils get Shattenkirk and the Blues get Duchene, but nothing really lines up. For STL, it makes sense to target Duchene as I believe he is the only Top 6 C that has any likelihood of moving before the TDL, I just don't see a deal happening in the division.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Is this colorado admitting that they screwed up the trade the first time? Shattenkirk was traded to the Blues from colorado to begin with...really don't see any reason for avs to make this trade since they have many more problems then just their blueline. And adding Shattenkirk isn't going to solve them,especially by deleting one of their best forwards.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Lol sure Eklund, What's with Eklund and Shattenkirk all of a sudden. Eklund had Shattenkirk either going to Montreal or Toronto the latest one links New Jersey to Shattenkirk and now Shattenkirk to Colorado for Duchene and a pick Sakic isn't trading Duchene for a rental and i doubt that Shattenkirk would sign long term there. More Eklund garbage here.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I swear Eklund just gets his idiotic ideas from the teams' trade boards.

Colorado wouldn't want to have Duchene in St. Louis and Colorado doesn't need a guy like Shattenkirk, even if he was signed, when they have Barrie.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I really don't think Duchene will get traded to a division rival unless it's an overpayment.. damn I would hate seeing him against 4 games or IF we ever get into playoffs :laugh:

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Eklund misunderstood the rumor. Army prefers a veteran PMD and is going after Steve Duchesne to lure him out of retirement. I'm sure we can send Detroit a 1st rounder for his retirement rights. Get 'er done Army!

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Unless Sakic is planning on trading Barrie, Shattenkirk to Colorado makes zero sense Colorado already has Erik Johnson and Tyson Barrie on the right side where do you fit Shattenkirk in there considering that he wants tons more money then these guys are making. Eklund is pretty much just linking Shattenkirk to every team hoping that he will get one right here.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I think Colorado is the last place Shattenkirk would re-sign with.

So yeah this deal makes close to 0 sense.

Beninnola

Mar 29, 2012
If Colorado flips Shattenkirk at deadline why not?

Perhaps STL and NYR/BOS/TOR/NJD don't have the cap+player harmony but Denver does.

Prob nets the Avs a young scoring winger + East coast 2nd or 1st + Blues 1st + Blues prospect for Duchy. That's a good haul.

Beninnola

Mar 29, 2012
It's speculation.

That's the entire premise of this specific board, right? I see a front page of speculation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Oh Eklund, never change. Highly doubt that Avs do this. The Blues fans would possibly love it tho, depending on what round pick and prospect are going the other way.

What pick and prospect do Blues fans not jump for joy over this deal? Unless you mean Fabbri/Parayko, and they would be referred to by name. Shatty+our 1st+literally any prospect for Duchene is a steal and I am jumping for joy.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
I believe in the rumblings that Shattenkirk is east coast bound.

Boston is my guess. Rangers get dibs if they want him. Everyone with the east coast ***** begs to play in the big apple it seems.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Another baseless Eklund Shattenkirk rumor, Eklund has already linked Shattenkirk to 4 teams in the last 2 weeks Montreal, Toronto, New Jersey and now Colorado before too long he will add others to the mix. Right now Colorado is in last place not even Shattenkirk can save their season. Shatty to Colorado makes no sense what so ever.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
What pick and prospect do Blues fans not jump for joy over this deal? Unless you mean Fabbri/Parayko, and they would be referred to by name. Shatty+our 1st+literally any prospect for Duchene is a steal and I am jumping for joy.

Schmaltz is the only one I really don't want to lose, everyone else i can live with. I don't count Colt or Fabs as prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00