Dreger: Shattenkirk price as rental

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Dreger says Armstrong is looking for a first round pick and a prospect for Shattenkirk. Possibly another pick/prospect if the quality of the pick/prospects aren't good enough. What teams would it make sense for to do this kind of deal? Rangers?

ClappysFromTheHashys

Feb 15, 2017
Dreger says Armstrong is looking for a first round pick and a prospect for Shattenkirk. Possibly another pick/prospect if the quality of the pick/prospects aren't good enough. What teams would it make sense for to do this kind of deal? Rangers?

Dreger also said Therrien wasn't getting fired the day he got fired.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Seems about right. I wonder how much of a stickler Armstrong will be about conditional returns if he resigns, or if he'll just cut the cord and deal him outright.

I think the Rangers probably had interest in Shattenkirk as a hockey trade, but I also think they probably realize they're probably done dealing away high picks and prospects for a while. Hopefully that takes them out of the running.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
I hope Shatty goes to UFA and doesn't get a dime over 6 mil 7 mil way too much just like EDM giving Lucic 7'yrs. GMs have to stop these stupid contracts.

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
Cup run this year
It's rental time
Yippee
He is rumored to be willing to resign with toronto if we could save JVR and get a top 4 RHD , for cody franson pretty much when you break it down ( that's what we got in the franson trade ) + this draft is week why not. we would have first dibs to try and negotiate . top 4RHD dont come up on the market often . and his asking price is not crazy which mean he don't wanna play with the blues

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
He is rumored to be willing to resign with toronto if we could save JVR and get a top 4 RHD , for cody franson pretty much when you break it down ( that's what we got in the franson trade ) + this draft is week why not. we would have first dibs to try and negotiate . top 4RHD dont come up on the market often . and his asking price is not crazy which mean he don't wanna play with the blues

Don't kid yourself
He's not got to this point to not test UFA
Best case scenario he resigns with a UFA type contract
So a 1st that's probably in or around the mid teens + one of our best prospects so we can give Shattenkirk 6-7M with term
That's a terrible ******* idea

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Rangers are not giving up a nickle for him.

We are getting him in the offseason so we can wait. He cant wait to come back home!

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Leafs MUST seal this deal now. Kapanen/Soshnikov and a 1st. I think Shatty will give them the push and I think one he (and his agent) sit across from Lou, Shanny and Babcock, they will iron something out that works for both. If I'm Shatts, I'm looking at...

Babcock, head coach. Lou and Shanny, who are great Hockey men. Incredible hockey market. Great fans. Then...

A core of Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Rielly, JVR, Zaitsev... And I am wanting to be a piece of that puzzle.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Leafs MUST seal this deal now. Kapanen/Soshnikov and a 1st. I think Shatty will give them the push and I think one he (and his agent) sit across from Lou, Shanny and Babcock, they will iron something out that works for both. If I'm Shatts, I'm looking at...

Babcock, head coach. Lou and Shanny, who are great Hockey men. Incredible hockey market. Great fans. Then...

A core of Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Rielly, JVR, Zaitsev... And I am wanting to be a piece of that puzzle.

I could see Shatty signing in TOR.

Get paid. Be on a good up and coming team. Play bigger minutes. It makes sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad