Half-Assed GDT: sharx@bluz:winningstreakmatchup aka race for the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Kudos to Sobotka (honey badger). He lost that final face off, but attacked and pressed the Shark Dman against the boards, got possession of the puck, skated to the net, drew attention, and made a killer pass to Vladi. Impressive stuff in terms of heart, physicality, and skill. I hope he keeps this up.

Reactions: Bendak and Zamadoo

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Kudos to Sobotka (honey badger). He lost that final face off, but attacked and pressed the Shark Dman against the boards, got possession of the puck, skated to the net, drew attention, and made a killer pass to Vladi. Impressive stuff in terms of heart, physicality, and skill. I hope he keeps this up.

Yep, get that trade value up

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Dunn’s already a better defender than Shatty simply because of his mobility and defensive awareness. Kid is a gem.
He got back and broke up a couple plays where The Blues were outmanned. If Shattenkirk had been faced with a similar situation, a goal might have been scored (certainly a scoring chance would have occurred). He's much, much better on defence, and, I predict that he will be more effective than Shattenkirk even if only offence is considered, at his peak.

Reactions: Bendak

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I personally hope we can keep this spot we are in right now. Would rather go out west and let the central punish one another.
I hope so too. But, I have a feeling that The Blues will pass Minnesota, just winning almost every game, to stay ahead of Colorado and The Ducks. Minnesota has a very tough schedule, and they've been very inconsistent lately. The Blues may have to continue playing like they are now, to get past Winnipeg in Series 1. At least, I can console myself that I'll win my bet with Ranksu that The Blues WILL finish ahead of The Stars. :naughty:

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Schenn and Tarasenko will hit 70pts. If not, 65+ for both is almost a certainty.

Schwartz will get 60 which is insane considering the injury. :yo:

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
Great time last night at the game - the 'Rick Flair' Woo's were funny.
They've been going crazy using those the last few games, i think one of the DJs from the Point is influencing a lot of music choices including using the Woooos. He plays a TON of wrestlers entrance music throughout every game. Being a big wrestling fan my buddy and I would always keep track of how many themes per game. He usually hit 4-5 different ones.

Reactions: Bendak and FMichael

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Was reminiscent of his time before he left KHL which made him such an effective NHL player.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
You really picked a great game to attend, one of their better home games this season. Glad you had a great time!
All in all my family, and I had a fun trip to St.Louis - capped it off with a game that the crowd was really into.

My only beef was the crappy weather (especially on the way down thru Illinois - cars/semis in the ditch), but I'd gladly trade it for an entertaining game anytime!

Now I gotta find me a recipe on making my own 'toasted ravioli' :thumbu:

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
They've been going crazy using those the last few games, i think one of the DJs from the Point is influencing a lot of music choices including using the Woooos. He plays a TON of wrestlers entrance music throughout every game. Being a big wrestling fan my buddy and I would always keep track of how many themes per game. He usually hit 4-5 different ones.

I figured it was a subtle way of promoting the WWE raw event I keep seeing advertised throughout the game. I like it though, gets crowd involved.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
the weather has been miserable here for the past 10 days or so
Being a native 'Cheesehead' - I'm used to shi**y weather, but driving down, and having snow/rain in Missouri sorta dampened our spirits since we were hoping for 60 F, and sunny (my last trip for a Blues game 10 plus years ago had wonderful spring like weather).

Guess I'm spoiled...But at least the game was great...Can't ask for much more.

From a Red Wing fan - I'm hoping the Blues do some damage in the Western Conference...You guys deserve a Cup appearance.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Being a native 'Cheesehead' - I'm used to shi**y weather, but driving down, and having snow/rain in Missouri sorta dampened our spirits since we were hoping for 60 F, and sunny (my last trip for a Blues game 10 plus years ago had wonderful spring like weather).

Guess I'm spoiled...But at least the game was great...Can't ask for much more.

From a Red Wing fan - I'm hoping the Blues do some damage in the Western Conference...You guys deserve a Cup appearance.

snow? What’s that? Haven’t seen snow here STL in several years.

Reactions: Bendak and 67Blues

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
snow? What’s that? Haven’t seen snow here STL in several years.
I stand corrected...Just south of Rockford all the way to Springfield (Illinois) was that belt of crappy wet snow/freezing rain.

Dozens of cars/trucks/semis were off the road causing delays.

Just rain in St.Louis which I can live with :D

Mar 6, 2012
We haven't had any huge snow storms, but we've had plenty of snow the past few years.

We got about 2 inches of snow 2 weeks ago.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
meanwhile-in-finland.jpg

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Going to be moving to Rochester, MN in summer 2019. So I’m looking forward to seeing snow on a regular basis again. It has snowed 3 times in the past 15 years here and only 1 did the snow stay on the ground for more than 48 hours.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I bought a snow blower 3 years ago and haven’t been able to use it yet. I guess thats a good thing because I hate snow. (STL)

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
And people still say "Global Warming" isn't happening! :laugh:

Well I do live in Southeast Alabama. Where a single snowflake can shutdown an entire city. I’m just not a hot weather person. From beginning of May to end of September, the sub-tropics summer rears it’s hot and humid face. I’d much rather deal with snow and winters steadily in the -10 to 0 degrees Celsius than weeks of heat index’s in the 38-43 degrees Celsius range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad