Half-Assed GDT: sharx@bluz:winningstreakmatchup aka race for the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

converseman54

Apr 13, 2017
STL
Most fun game I’ve been to this year. Definitely a playoff atmosphere. Soby-Barbashev-Jaskin line was incredible. Don’t care if they didn’t score, they did man’s work. Absolutely dominated their matchup.

Also I think I’m the first to mention Vince Dunn is ****ing incredible. Don’t think anyone else has mentioned that yet.

Glad Vladdy is scoring goals again.
Nashville beats Minny in a SO

Edit: not meant to be a reply :)

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
If the Canucks can beat the Ducks, the Blues would actually be the team in the West wildcard race (if you exclude Minnesota) with the best odds of making the playoffs. Imagine saying that 3 weeks ago.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Blues control their own destiny. Have to play like they are still chasing that last spot. Still realistically need 5 or 6 points to feel comfortable about getting in.

Reactions: Bendak

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
Most fun game I’ve been to this year. Definitely a playoff atmosphere. Soby-Barbashev-Jaskin line was incredible. Don’t care if they didn’t score, they did man’s work. Absolutely dominated their matchup.

Also I think I’m the first to mention Vince Dunn is ****ing incredible. Don’t think anyone else has mentioned that yet.

Glad Vladdy is scoring goals again.

Yeah, that line was awesome. Jaskin all over tonight, and Barbashev kept pushing. And Sobotka, maybe he held back some during the season for the playoff push. Starting to seem like it to me. That line should stick. And yeah, Vince Dunn was just dishing the puck all night.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
It's encouraging that Dunn looks like he could eclipse Shatty's skill as a pmd. I think he could match his offensive output in a couple of years, and he already looks better defensively from my pov.

Reactions: shifting and Bendak

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
When Barbashev keeps his feet moving and hunts the puck he's pretty effective out there, hope he keeps it up.

My sentiment exactly. When he keeps moving, he's a player. Just learned last week that the Blues weren't happy with his conditioning when camp opened. Guess he's up to speed now and hopefully he knows what he needs to do now if he wants to earn starter money. The potential is still there with Barbie IMO. Could be a 3rd line center producing 30 to 40 points.

Reactions: stl76 and Bendak

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Schmaltz's interview with Panger was great. Been really happy with how he's progressing at the NHL level. He looked very timid initially, but now he's jumping up more often and is displaying a lot more aggression in both zones. I wouldn't mind seeing him in OT, his skating and offensive ability would be a huge asset with all the open ice.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Schmaltz is starting to look more comfortable out there.
Liked his game a lot tonight. You can see he is really starting to get comfortable with the speed/pace of play. Making good reads, pinching at the right time, connecting on passes, etc. Great to see!

Plus did you see his interview with Panger on the post game show? He threw out a "holy jump'n!" to describe the OT goal. :laugh:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
How can you not be ecstatic with the Blues defense going forward? Edmundson, Petro, Dunn, Parayko, Schmaltz, Bortuzzo... you have every element you need. I really like that group. It doesn’t need to be touched.

And what a play by Sobotka in OT.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
How can you not be ecstatic with the Blues defense going forward? Edmundson, Petro, Dunn, Parayko, Schmaltz, Bortuzzo... you have every element you need. I really like that group. It doesn’t need to be touched.

And what a play by Sobotka in OT.

We still have Walman and Mikkola coming too :nod:

Dunn-Pietrangelo
Walman-Parayko
Edmundson-Schmaltz
Mikkola

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Watched game afterward. Wow, team is playing now with big heart. Great to see Schmaltz getting better, first round he had really difficult to settle the puck in his stick, but more time he get on ice he was significantly better and calm with puck.

Dunn is stud.

Sobotka had really impressive game and that OT goal fight with Tarasenko behind the net was awesome and that behind to back pass to Tarasenko, c'mon.

Wooooooooo

Reactions: stl76 and Bendak
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad