Injury Report: Sharp - Possible Knee Injury (out 3-4 weeks)

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
Well, boohoo. I just said that I haven't noticed his absence. Deal with it. This place, jesus.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
The 2010 Hawks could likely have gotten away with having a 35 goal scorer out of the line-up. The 2014 Hawks miss him. However I'm not surprised that some don't think Sharp is missed. In my view, he has always been underrated and that hasn't gone away, despite his leading the Hawks in scoring last season, and being a regular 30+ goal man for quite a while now.

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
His presence on the PP definitely is a loss. As well, I think that overall team scoring is hurt when he is out. Finally, by having him in, it gives the Hawks three dangerous lines offensively, thereby creating matchup issues for opposing teams and making it easier on the other forwards.

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
Of course they miss Sharp. His replacement is Nordstrom/Carcillo and he's miles better than either of them. Hopefully the top two lines are humming when he returns, would be interested to see if he could score with Shaw because that would be some truly devastating balance.

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
Emetic, just admit you can't stand it when people don't agree with you. God forbid someone questions your opinion or how you reached a conclusion.

No, it's not that. I was just saying that I haven't missed Sharp, a totally subjective observation. Having watched the games, I never noticed that a 30 goal scorer was missing or thought that "it sure would be nice to have Sharp there". The team has played fine during his absence. Why does that need to be explained?

If I had made a statement that the Hawks can do without Sharp, then your question about how I've reached the conclusion is legit. But since my original post was more of a thinking out loud type of thing, I don't get why I need to explain myself. It could well be that Sharp missing from the lineup has made the Hawks worse if looked at objectively, but my subjective "eye test" didn't notice it.

I can't believe I need to explain an innocuous little thought like this. But hope it satisfies you.
:shakehead

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
You said "haven't missed Sharp" and it wasn't clear to me (and apparently a couple others) what you meant by it. The team? Yourself? I asked you to elaborate as a result and you threw a hissy fit. Sorry for trying to extend dialogue on a message board.

Happy Thanksgiving.

DayNah

Ship it donk!
Feb 11, 2010
I'm not sure why everyone is busting ED's balls here. No where did he say "Sharp sucks" or "I'm glad Sharp isn't playing cause he's useless"?

I know exactly what he meant, and I'm sure most of you did too. The Hawks have looked fine without him. Sure we sucked against Vancouver(tons of factors can explain why including 3 games in 4 nights etc), but doesn't mean they would've been much better with Sharp in the line up.

Look at Wed's game against Colorado. Every line played great. There's no huge hole. Sure it will be great to have Sharpie back but the other guys(Kaner/Toews/Versteeg etc) have been stepping up and potting goals lately.

I would've guessed the line up without Sharp would have been a lot of worse, but they've been fine and it makes me a little more optimistic about next year. I think most can agree that he's probably going to be wearing another team's jersey in 15-16.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Mark Lazerus @MarkLazerus · 1h 1 hour ago
Q doesn't sound too confident that Patrick Sharp will play Wednesday vs. Blues. Soon, though. #Blackhawks

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Missed him against Detroit and Vancouver when the Hawks forwards looked exhausted and couldn't get anything going offensively.
Maybe I'm just being a cynical bastage here, but something tells me one player would not have sparkplugged the team those nights--especially Detroit.Our offense may have not shown up against Detroit but Kane's, Runblad's, and Versteeg's horrenus play that game was the bigger issue.

His presence on the PP definitely is a loss. As well, I think that overall team scoring is hurt when he is out. Finally, by having him in, it gives the Hawks three dangerous lines offensively, thereby creating matchup issues for opposing teams and making it easier on the other forwards.
Not on the PP point it's not. Half-boads maybe ;)

Don't get me wrong, I love sharp--especially 'cause Red Wings make him gag, but so far his absence and the team's play without him has probably made him the most expendible of the 5-6M players--thus maybe he's the one likely to go after this year.

That being said though, I want to see his return soon. Hopefully it will sparkplug the top like because Q would have to be insane (and not the good, fun type) to split Versteeg/Richards/Kane unless the score is more lopsided than Penn and Teller on a seesaw.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Not entirely tue. Lately no, but before the circus trip, to a certain extent, yes, we could have used Sharp.

40 goals in last 11 games 8 wins (of all sorts) 3 losses (of all sorts)

32 goals in first 13 games 7 wins (of all sorts) 6 losses (of all sorts)

3.4 goals per game for, after Sharp before Circus trip.

2.5 goals per game for, after season start and before Sharp injury.

Not seeing it Bobby.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad