Injury Report: Sharp - Possible Knee Injury (out 3-4 weeks)

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
This writer is an idiot. Q said they weren't going to change their original timeline of three to four weeks. He won't be out an additional three to four weeks. That seemed very clear in his post-practice interview today.

Yeah, I was confused when I read it as well. He has already been out a spell so I don't know why the timeline really has not changed (according to the author at least).

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
Yeah, I was confused when I read it as well. He has already been out a spell so I don't know why the timeline really has not changed (according to the author at least).

I would believe that he was going to be out 3-4 weeks from today's interview if I saw it from Mark Lazerus or Tracey Myers. Myers said in her practice report 3-4 weeks from Tuesday, November 4, when he was originally injured.

Again, seemed pretty clear in the interview. Not sure how that ended up on a legitimate local news website. Especially in the cutline. I guess that is what happens when you have a guy that covers "the Big Ten, Notre Dame and DePaul" writing about the Blackhawks.

Ilrider

Mar 27, 2012
Chicago Burbs
I do not understand the issue over the CBS article. The writer is saying Sharp's timeline for return "remains 3-4 weeks," meaning the predicted timeline from the date of the injury remains the same. He is not in any way saying it will be an additional 3-4 weeks! Some of you are misreading it.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
I do not understand the issue over the CBS article. The writer is saying Sharp's timeline for return "remains 3-4 weeks," meaning the predicted timeline from the date of the injury remains the same. He is not in any way saying it will be an additional 3-4 weeks! Some of you are misreading it.

That is probably what he means (I would hope, and I am giving him the benefit of the doubt), but ultimately it is terrible writing. If you are going to phrase it like that you should put "from the time of the injury on X date" to clarify the statement. It really is shoddy to be honest.

The main issue is the headline though, which states "Sharp is still 3-4 weeks away." There is no room for misinterpretation there.

Hawknut 1

Jul 26, 2014
So let me get this straight. If you watch a game intently from start to finish, make your assesment of what you just witnessed and draw conclusions .... then when you look back at all the stats, do you change your mind??? I doubt it very much.

And say you are in Q's or Stan's shoes and you want to know of a certain player that you haven't seen play much, and know that a trusted scout has been following this player. Do you take the word of that scout to make your assessment ... or do you listen to him, then look at the stats that don't back up what he has told you ... then do you discount what he has just told you? I know I wouldn't.

You're way to advanced for this board. (compliment)

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
That is probably what he means (I would hope, and I am giving him the benefit of the doubt), but ultimately it is terrible writing. If you are going to phrase it like that you should put "from the time of the injury on X date" to clarify the statement. It really is shoddy to be honest.

The main issue is the headline though, which states "Sharp is still 3-4 weeks away." There is no room for misinterpretation there.

The headline was probably written by a copy editor, not the author - and the CE misunderstood.

Hawknut 1

Jul 26, 2014
He's too busy messing up Cubs articles.

And I am happy you have made a buddy here after having such a rough go of it.

I actually have more than a few. Hard to believe I know.

Years back Rogers was on the main board defending one of his idiotic articles. The mod at the time (Adam) asked him to leave since in his opinion no defending was needed. I never saw anyone get ripped on a board like Rogers did.

I really can't think of a more inaccurate sports writer.........

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Per twitter, Q told WGN today Sharp could be back for St. Louis game Dec. 3.

That's the first game after the circus trip ends.

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
Haven't really missed Sharp to be honest.

I'll disagree. I think they have missed him on the power play. However, if Versteeg continues to play as well as he has you don't miss him as much as I expected 5-on-5, but counting on Versteeg to keep up this pace isn't realistic if you ask me. We need #10 back in the lineup to make this a memorable season.

Going forward you might be able to convince me that trading him might be the best option depending on what you get for him.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Yeah I'd rather have Morin or nordstom out there than Sharp too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad