TV: Sharp Objects (HBO)

Exley72

Oct 22, 2017
Wow. Great finale. Didn't see that coming even though I suspected her early on. I went the obvious route and should have known better. Make sure that you watch it all the way into the credits. You get some small clips that you'll want to see. Also a preview of True Detective Series 3... great stuff.

Anyone know the song at the end of the credits (not the Zeppelin track)?

Come Down by Sylvan Esso

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Having not read the book, I think what I like most about the end was that it wasn’t cheap. It immediately made sense even though it was a major twist. They weren’t just trying to shock you with it because when you think about certain little things that were left, it all comes together.

Reactions: Rebels57

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
From the first episode, we knew that the killer had to be someone Camille knew. The story doesn't resonate properly if it is someone random.

The Calhoun Day episode made it clear to me who it was. I liked the reveal, even though I knew it was coming in one way or another.

I am actually glad it ended the way it did without unnecessary dialogue to 'explain' why, letting the viewers put the pieces together themselves.

Pretty good series as a stand alone.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Having not read the book, I think what I like most about the end was that it wasn’t cheap. It immediately made sense even though it was a major twist. They weren’t just trying to shock you with it because when you think about certain little things that were left, it all comes together.

I agree. The book has a slightly different ending from what I understand.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Believe me or not, but I called it after episode 1. Put it in writing to a friend in text.

Usually with shows like these, it's always someone the main character knows closely but not closely enough, like a younger half-sister she didn't spend a lot of time near. Around eps 5-7, my faith was wavering and I started to believe it was the mother, but I think that would've been too obvious.

All in all, a really good watch that I powered through quicker than I anticipated I would. Amy Adams was great, as usual, but the supporting cast were no slouches either. I suspect this show will get quite a bit of recognition during award season.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Believe me or not, but I called it after episode 1. Put it in writing to a friend in text.

Usually with shows like these, it's always someone the main character knows closely but not closely enough, like a younger half-sister she didn't spend a lot of time near. Around eps 5-7, my faith was wavering and I started to believe it was the mother, but I think that would've been too obvious.

All in all, a really good watch that I powered through quicker than I anticipated I would. Amy Adams was great, as usual, but the supporting cast were no slouches either. I suspect this show will get quite a bit of recognition during award season.

I made a post here and was of a similar mind. I went all in on Adora though when the teeth pulling thing came up along with the story being pointed in that direction. The teeth pulling could have gone either way as I expected a male accomplice, but again when it pointed to Adora I figured that was it. Last episodes sometimes just tie up loose ends and I figured it'd end with Adora's final trial result or something, though Amma's dinner comment to her new friend gave me pause.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I just binge-watched this miniseries. Definitely enjoyed it, but it leaves you feeling rather disturbed. I knew it was going to be someone in the family. I had the step-father pegged as being involved though with either the mom or daughter (without the other one knowing). I thought Amma and her friends were too comfortable roller-skating around town with no worry, so I should have given that more weight when trying to determine who the killer was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad