Proposal: Sharp/Iginla to Toronto

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I believe that with all the young guys coming up the leafs need a true leader.

What is the price on either? Obviously different price for Sharp but I think he could really help guide these young players.

I kind of think back to the impact langenbrunner, and arnott had on the blues

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Future considerations for Iginla? In all reality, he won't have his NMC, he is, unfortunately, staying.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
What is his value ?

Ladd got Dano and a 1st. Sharp is older but would be for an entire season and he did outscore Ladd by 10 points. Plus we have no RW depth, so Dano-equivalent plus a 1st should do the trick.

jboknows

Feb 9, 2010
Ladd got Dano and a 1st. Sharp is older but would be for an entire season and he did outscore Ladd by 10 points. Plus we have no RW depth, so Dano-equivalent plus a 1st should do the trick.

He's still a good player, but the last two teams he's played for are great teams teams (Chicago and Dallas) which has certainly helped his stat lines. There's no way the Leafs would pony up a 1st and B-prospect for him IMO.

***I should also add that using trade values from the deadline really don't make sense. There are far fewer players available at the deadline and some teams are desperate for a final piece to hopefully get them a cup. When we're talking offseason, guys like Ladd can be had for free (just $).

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
He's still a good player, but the last two teams he's played for are great teams teams (Chicago and Dallas) which has certainly helped his stat lines. There's no way the Leafs would pony up a 1st and B-prospect for him IMO.

That's a very reasonable opinion, the premise of this thread makes no sense.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014

***I should also add that using trade values from the deadline really don't make sense. There are far fewer players available at the deadline and some teams are desperate for a final piece to hopefully get them a cup. When we're talking offseason, guys like Ladd can be had for free (just $).

Well you first would certainly be much higher than Chicago's was but sharp is still a 50 point 2 way winger. A full season of that I would think 2nd + Dano like prospect.

Not sure why toronto would pay that price for mentorship but Dallas has no reason to move him for any less

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012

A Chicago 1st and Toronto 1st are not the same thing

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Why wouldn't he waive for Toronto? Like he has such a great shot at winning the cup in Colorado.

Because the guy wanted to play out his career in a place that had a shot at the cup where his children can grow up. Moving all the time has to be pretty tough on young kids, leaving their friends behind every few years.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Dallas is better off keeping Sharp till the trade deadline... who knows if we'll even make the playoffs this season. Could get a decent return for him then

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Dallas is better off keeping Sharp till the trade deadline... who knows if we'll even make the playoffs this season. Could get a decent return for him then

Why would we not make the playoffs? The team won't be that different.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Sharp to Toronto makes no sense. Dallas has no reason to trade a player who can produce offence for a package of picks and prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad