Post-Game Talk: Sharks win 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I was a Noel fan but you can see and hear that Maurice is a big step up, were lucky to have him, good choice by Chevy (did I just say that);)

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
Either trade him or put him back on the D. Him being a winger on the Jokinen line is a total waste. It's like if you have a Mercedes but you are using the Mercedes to plough the fields at your farm and ruining the value of Mercedes while at the same time not ploughing your field properly. Either go back to using the Mercedes the way it's supposed to or sell it and buy a set of tools more suitable to ploughing the field. This madness has to stop :shakehead

I really think you forgot how bad he was defensively. Ya you might get 1 goal, but ya, The sharks woulda scored 2 or 3 more.

citizenmundane

Nov 3, 2013
That 4th line is severely lacking in so many ways right now. I'd like to see a Klingberg - Odell - Wright/Peluso (?) 4th/3rd line for a few games. Even Slater would be a decent upgrade right now.

Also, I agree that Seto sucked donkey schnuggets tonight.

GrowJetsGrow

Jan 11, 2014
East of MTS Centre
Someone beat me to it, but I don't care

1356586565_I-aint-even-mad.jpg

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I liked Toby throwing the body around tonight.:laugh: This is going to be my obigatory post praising Toby's play. Just so smart with the puck... whenever the puck is on his stick or he is checking a forward I feel a sense of calm... a feeling that everything is going to be okay. He hasn't put on the points this season but he absolutely dynamite for the Jets.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I really think you forgot how bad he was defensively. Ya you might get 1 goal, but ya, The sharks woulda scored 2 or 3 more.

Tough to say, we haven't seen Buff play D under Maurice. I thought Noel played Buff way too much and gave him minutes he hadn't earned.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
The biggest eye opener for me is watching Boston over the last few years. They've moved Kessel, Wheeler, Seguin, Horton, Ryder and Ferrence. Lost Marc Savard to injury. Tim Thomas "retired".

They haven't missed a friggin beat. It's really quite amazing.

They've been hitting home runs in so many areas. Trades, their first round draft picks (Hamill was a bust), their later picks, their signings.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
WOW Adam Wazny throwing around advanced stats in 1290 to defend Buff on defense. Colour me impressed by Mr Wazny

Edit: Now Adam Wazny calling out the Jets saying Stuart gets crazy outshot everytime he's on the ice yet Buff gets the blame despite outshooting the opponent and saying there is a double standard. Loving Adam Wazny tonight

Last edited:

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach-Maurice-behind-the-bench-300x142.jpg

Coach Maurice's post game - Assessment of the loss. Sharks defensive game. Thought’s on the Trouba hit. Is the team that is heading back to Winnipeg a better one than the one that left Winnipeg? Generating offence. Reflection on his first five games. Thought’s on his shut down pair of Enstrom/Bogosian.

To listen click here.

Sharks-beat-Jets-1-0-300x142.jpg

Game recaps, post-game audio, video highlights and the NHL.com 3 Stars of the night.

For above click here.

Last edited:

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
They've been hitting home runs in so many areas. Trades, their first round draft picks (Hamill was a bust), their later picks, their signings.

Krejci, Bergeron, Lucic are all 2nd round picks. Marchand is a 3rd. Our franchise 2nd round skaters:

Luke Sellars -1GP
Ilja Nikulin -0GP
Lubur Ustrunel -0GP
Grant Lewis -1GP
Riley Holzapfel -0GP
Carl Klingberg -7GP

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
Games like this make it so painfully clear what is wrong with this team (Pavelec notwithstanding). There's no depth, especially at forward. Teams like SJ and ANA have their way when they get to match at home vs. the bottom 6 and bottom pair. I thought LLF and KSW did a great job this game, but they can't overcome the dearth of talent below them.

Guys like Kosmo, Lowry, Lipon, etc. can't arrive soon enough.

you would think Olli/Seto/Buff could at least hold their own playing as a 3rd line but holy crap it's been bad - especially without last line change

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I've been super impressed with Bogo recently. He's playing great hockey and I'm seeing him starting to live up to expectations. It's a small sample size but he's playing better physically and in terms of decision making.
He's skating with the puck so much more I think it must be a reflection of Maurice or Noel.

GrowJetsGrow

Jan 11, 2014
East of MTS Centre
I don't know if it's because MTS Centre is so loud & boisterous for Jets games, but there seems to be such a dull atmosphere in the 29 other NHL arenas... and many, many empty seats even in the "good" markets.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
The Jets went toe-to-toe with one of the best offensive teams in the league - for the entire 60 minutes. A little better puck luck and that game goes to OT, or maybe even the Jets win in regulation. It was that close.

Jokinen may have had the bad turnover that led to the only goal, but aside from that I thought he had a strong game. As in a 200 foot game, and was dragged down by Seto and Buff.

That's a tough loss, but it was a good loss, if there's such a thing. The Jets, especially the Calder twins, have become a much more dynamic team under Paul Maurice. Last night it wasn't just Frolik and Kaner who competed; several other Jets kept moving their feet and taking the hard stuff in the corners, which was shown by the Sharks only being able to score one goal. That's a huge positive, even if it was a loss. Cut down on the goals and chances against, and keep doing the little things, and the wins will follow.

All in all, and entertaining game. On the road. Against the Sharks. Even in a loss, the rollercoaster still feels like it's going up.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Fell asleep right after puck drop.
Woke up at 18:38 of the third.
Saw San Jose's goal.
Went back to sleep at 12:05 of the third.

Guess I didn't miss much :laugh:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
The unfortunate thing about losing this game is that we have dug ourselves such a hole that we can't afford to lose. We need to go on another 4 game winning streak, and another, and another... we can't lose to Chicago on Sunday, I am kind of dreading that game but at the same time very excited to see how the Jets 2.1 react. If only Chevy would have fired Noel a month ago, it might have made a big difference. With everyone winning last night, it really hurt us.

That third line is straight up garbage. I feel bad for Joki. Granted he had a poor game last night and did cause the losing goal but Buff was useless again and Seto made Buff look good :laugh: Byfuglien needs to go back to D or something because he is wasted where he is. Maybe Maurice can get his head on straight?

People were blaming Pavs for the goal but I will give him credit. He has played very well recently and battled hard after getting stung by Burns. He played more than well enough for us to win last night and could have very easily got that shutout. I still think he is a career 906 goalie but willing to give him one last chance.

Overall I love the way this team is playing. If it keeps up I hope we extend Maurice, playoffs or not.

Mungman

It's you not me.
Mar 27, 2011
Outside the Asylum
WOW Adam Wazny throwing around advanced stats in 1290 to defend Buff on defense. Colour me impressed by Mr Wazny

Edit: Now Adam Wazny calling out the Jets saying Stuart gets crazy outshot everytime he's on the ice yet Buff gets the blame despite outshooting the opponent and saying there is a double standard. Loving Adam Wazny tonight

So, they should just delay the postgame show til the middle of the night to get some positivity outta Wazoo then?

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
The more time passes, it's more obvious that we need to trade Buff at the deadline. He is just miss used. I liked the Mercedes comparison on here.

He's a weapon and he's useful - but not for us anymore. We don't need him on the first or second defensive pairing. Bogo finally is going where he should have gone all season and Trouba is a freakin monster. Playing Buff on the 3rd pairing isn't an option, IMO.

The problem is: How do you handle the situation now? You want to make him play well and produce so contenders want him around deadline. If he just floats around during the upcoming 4 weeks, you won't get the highest return. It's a tricky situation.

Actually, I'd like to see Chevy start shopping him right now. If you think about it, over the last 2-3 years, most (especially bigger trades) have been made around two weeks before the deadline day. If he starts talking with people, this would mean 3 weeks from today. Enough time to have people make their offers and then decide two weeks before deadline.

It would help the situation, Chevy could excuse Buff "floating" by the fact that they want to trade him to a contender and because of that, not overuse him that much for the next couple of weeks.

I'm fine with the way we played. Could have gone to either team but we haven't been able to score a goal and their goal was kind of a lucky bounce. Happens.

We outplayed them in the first, IMO, the second was even and Sharks outplayed us in the third. Game should have gone to OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad