GDT: Sharks vs Wild 7:30pm Only dmen are allowed to score

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
I was just going through Natural Stat Trick for some TOI numbers .... Burns spent over double the time with the top line than he did the Hertl line over the last two games 5v5. Karlsson was the opposite. The last game it was pretty extreme - 11 minutes with the top line and the next highest forward was Sorensen with (Austin) 3:16. On the whole of the season Burns has over 100 minutes more with the top line than Hertl/Meier, whereas Karl is more spread even - just over 30 minutes between Meier (most) and Labanc (5th).

I guess that makes sense from watching all season. Karl gets more minutes with Hertl and Gambrell lines and Burns eats up a lot with the top line. I'd personally give Karlsson more time with the top line seeing as they are not just the best but most creative unit. Cool stuff though, numbers.
Boughner matches the Couture line with his best defensive pair against the other teams top lines whenever he can. It’s about defense. Back when the Sharks were good, Couture still got the tough matchups, even though Jumbo was our best center. Hertl is supposed to be inheriting that role.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
It's only no measure if you oversimplify to that absurd of a degree when not all GWG's are that. I can agree that it's a niche stat but it's not irrelevant nor is it not a measure of clutch play entirely.

But even in playoff OT GWG's, Marleau is tied for 6th all time with 14 other players including Gretzky.
Precisely. So if you want to troll the main boards more, bring up Howe's lack of OT game winning goals lol.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad