GDT: Sharks vs Wild 7:30pm Only dmen are allowed to score

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013

Then stop playing them lol. What’s the point of pushing guys who aren’t healthy in a shortened season where we aren’t making the playoffs?

Maybe, you know, getting them more comfortable playing hockey and playing in the system and helping evaluate what the team looks like as currently constructed? Bunch of guys that had 10 months off from playing hockey games. No one is ever 100% in the NHL. Doesn't mean you just pull the plug and quit midseason, no matter what the playoff outlook appears to be.

Forcing young guys to play up and out of position against tougher comp is more detrimental to the building of the organization than some guys playing through nicks and bruises like they have done every season of their career.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Maybe, you know, getting them more comfortable playing hockey and playing in the system and helping evaluate what the team looks like as currently constructed? Bunch of guys that had 10 months off from playing hockey games. No one is ever 100% in the NHL. Doesn't mean you just pull the plug and quit midseason, no matter what the playoff outlook appears to be.

Forcing young guys to play up and out of position against tougher comp is more detrimental to the building of the organization than some guys playing through nicks and bruises like they have done every season of their career.

1. The system might not matter if Boughner gets (hopefully) canned after the season.

2. I get the feeling that it’s more than bumps and bruises. That quote seems like a cop out answer to a specific question that they don’t want to answer.

3. You don’t learn unless you’re put into situations you can’t handle.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
1. The system might not matter if Boughner gets (hopefully) canned after the season.

2. I get the feeling that it’s more than bumps and bruises. That quote seems like a cop out answer to a specific question that they don’t want to answer.

3. You don’t learn unless you’re put into situations you can’t handle.
1) He's going nowhere.

2) Even if so, you play through that every year if you're a hockey player. This is nothing abnormal and there is half a season to play still.

3) Sure. Why even have the AHL or CHL? Just thrust everyone into situations they can't handle so they can "learn". Who cares about shattering confidence and stunting development.

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW
Maybe everybody just needs a week off to get healthy. Ice the Barracuda, who'd even notice? :laugh:

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
1) He's going nowhere.

2) Even if so, you play through that every year if you're a hockey player. This is nothing abnormal and there is half a season to play still.

3) Sure. Why even have the AHL or CHL? Just thrust everyone into situations they can't handle so they can "learn". Who cares about shattering confidence and stunting development.

agree with number 1. Zero chance DW fires Boughner after one year. He should if he can get Gallant but he probably would have gone that route in the first place. Oh well

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
"Only dmen are allowed to score"

usa_today_10007986.0.jpg

"I'll do my best, coach."

I forgot he used to wear the Heatley visor. It just needs one little tweak...

YellowPickles.jpg

There we go. Perfect.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
1) He's going nowhere.

While we won't make the playoffs anyone with anything even remotely close to a serious injury should rest just so they don't aggravate it or turn it into one. I feel we had a player do that recently. Carl-something, ended up not being able to finish playoffs and never looked the same when he came back. I feel like we talk about him alot around here.

While I agree, Boughner has been way too quick to send the kids back down. I want to see Chemelski and Chekhovich. Leanord shouldn't be benched and should never be playing on the 4th line. And it's not like Gabriel or Sorenson are world beaters. Which is who get called up in their place.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
I'm surprised Cooch hasn't switched to a visor like that after all the times he's been hit in the face by those evil little black rubber things.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad