GDT: Sharks vs. Wild - 5PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Thought it was a little weird that the Kaprizov line was called out like that (I know Zucc was terrible) since this game looks a ton different if we just got average goaltending.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Gaudreau with a nice stat line and playing some good hockey. Another bowl of crow for detractors?

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Gaudreau with a nice stat line and playing some good hockey. Another bowl of crow for detractors?
Always thought he was a fine player. Pretty good defensively, not flashy but plays hockey the right away.

Haha, couldn't help but throw that last piece in. I feel he's the defensively responsibly player that line needs but can also contribute offensively. He'll be streaky as is the case with most mediocre players.

Last edited:
Reactions: P10p

north21

May 1, 2014
MN

He is growing on me and really starting to produce, but still not the ideal guy for that spot but with out cap you really can't afford that guy anyway.

Still happy to eat a little freddy crow, he has been good after Boldy.

Last edited:
Reactions: thestonedkoala

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I have said for a while that Gaudreau seems to have puck skill, but lacks the offensive instincts to finish regularly, and I don't think I'll change my mind on that. That said, he has been put into a strange position. He's definitely not a 2nd line center, but he's done well in that role for the Wild because of his preexisting chemistry with Fiala (and now Boldy), and he has just enough skill that it's working. I don't think his offensive success here would be replicated if he were moved elsewhere. Defensively, he's responsible, and would be anywhere.

I am very happy for him. He seems like a good guy, and he's having what is probably a career season!

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

We are getting every last bit of his ability, and it's still just a mid-40 point player.

Like Hartman, the wingers on his line are flying the plane, and it's his job to keep things clean in the back.

Reactions: thestonedkoala

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hartman and Gaudreau's growth this year has been eye opening. There is no doubt that they have been helped by having uber talented linemates, but it's not easy being the 3rd wheel. Takes some talent, smarts, and a lack of ego.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad