GDT: Sharks vs the LA Kings Farm team at SAP Center 7:30pm

SHAR KS

Choking Hazard
Dec 7, 2011
Exactly this. The year we traded for Jumbo most fans forgot what precipitated that trade was we lost TEN IN A ROW. That kind of shakeup might be needed to force DW to act. Cause right now this org is drinking the Kool-Aid hard.

Ok so I looked at the schedule. We face ANA/COL/MIN/NYI after Buffalo. If we can somehow lose to buffalo then we might have a chance at a lengthy losing streak.

Wombley

Nov 29, 2009
As if that's where we're headed. At this point it just looks like they want to slash payroll. Disgusting.

As a Sharks fan, any amount of paranoia and cynicism is reasonable. But come on, while mgmt is prone to overreaching in some areas, perhaps too much loyalty in others, and a strategy that comes up shore- I don't see them intentionally punishing the team or fans. That's some Keenan/Burke level mgmt style. That might actually be more of what this team needs...

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
It's not to excuse mistakes, because you're right that every team makes them, it's the magnitude this team is doing them at. It's like the whole team has an entire mental lapse for whatever reason, after the first 20 minutes. The 2nd period struggles at this rate are not some coincidence. It's the teams lack of execution, and sometimes you can get away with that, but they are lacking it to a higher degree. I partially blame this on the coaching staff not putting together the best lineup possible. Granted they are all professional athletes, it is on the coaches to put a lineup that get's them the 2 points night in and night out. Irwin, Hannan, Burish, and now McGinn, who should be scratched, are not players you put in all at once to win a game.

The ****ing Penguins with two of the best players in the world gave up a 3-1 lead in the last 3 minutes to the Red Wings. It happens to all teams. The Sharks are struggling defensively as a whole. Teams are exploiting Irwin and Hannan. If neither of them were in the line up, the Sharks would be better off but for now one of them will be.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Shouldn't you be crying about Remenda somewhere?

Funny thing, my wife watched about 3 minutes of the game tonight and commented "this new guy sucks" (speaking about Baker).

Whether it is him or the lack of chemistry with Randy, the Jaime & Randy combo sucks in comparison to Randy & Drew.

They are dragging the team down. :naughty:

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I can't even get a handle on where this team is right now. Maybe it's a lack of chemistry between the lines?

Part of the reason but also roles. Some are figuring out how they fit. The top 3 lines played hard and looked to be gelling a bit but too many mistakes doomed them in.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Funny thing, my wife watched about 3 minutes of the game tonight and commented "this new guy sucks" (speaking about Baker).

Whether it is him or the lack of chemistry with Randy, the Jaime & Randy combo sucks in comparison to Randy & Drew.

Well to be fair it took Randy and Drew a few years to get that chemistry.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

I don't think Baker's good for the "color" part of color commentary. He analyzes great but his personality falls kinda flat to me. Now Bret on the other hand has been great on the radio.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Are you going to make these posts every time they broadcast a game now? It's been seven games. Might want to actually give them a chance.

Hold the Pickles

Aug 16, 2003
03-K64
Those rookies would struggle as well.
Maybe so, but why not find out for sure? Maybe just a difference in foot speed or being able to make a decent pass once in a while would make a difference in our break-out... or at least keep up team speed. Two slow #7's in the top six just aint gonna cut it.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Maybe so, but why not find out for sure? Maybe just a difference in foot speed or being able to make a decent pass once in a while would make a difference in our break-out... or at least keep up team speed. Two slow #7's in the top six just aint gonna cut it.

Yeah but you're betting on a seamless transition from them which probably won't happen. Mistakes are mistakes. I don't think having more young players in the line up will cut down on them. The big breakdowns are happening defensively.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
So the coach stops the rotation of goalies after Nemo gave up four goals for some reason and his reward is Nemo giving up five lol I'd probably only pin two of them as bad goals for a goalie though and one of those was a cardinal sin type of turnover.

SHAR KS

Choking Hazard
Dec 7, 2011
So the coach stops the rotation of goalies after Nemo gave up four goals for some reason and his reward is Nemo giving up five lol I'd probably only pin two of them as bad goals for a goalie though and one of those was a cardinal sin type of turnover.

Niemi has given up 5 goals twice this year already.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Yeah but you're betting on a seamless transition from them which probably won't happen. Mistakes are mistakes. I don't think having more young players in the line up will cut down on them. The big breakdowns are happening defensively.

If I have to watch mistakes happen, I'd rather watch growing pains.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Niemi has given up 5 goals twice this year already.

Yeah but he, just like Stalock, can't be expected to save their bacon all the time. The turnovers from the d-men and the forwards are just killing them. That turnover from McGinn should get him benched.

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA

In a way, I'm almost glad that happened. It'll keep them honest about the goalie competition

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Yeah but he, just like Stalock, can't be expected to save their bacon all the time. The turnovers from the d-men and the forwards are just killing them. That turnover from McGinn should get him benched.

Exactly. The Sharks play with better puck management, everyone would be talking about how solid they played against a good team.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
On the hilarious side the big guns (Thornton, Pavelski, Couture, Pinkfloyd) are getting it done on offense enough that you can't pin all of the losses on them completely. But yeah we need more defense.

Also my streak of winning games with ****** GDT's ended today. :(

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
On the hilarious side the big guns (Thornton, Pavelski, Couture, Pinkfloyd) are getting it done on offense enough that you can't pin all of the losses on them completely. But yeah we need more defense.

Also my streak of winning games with ****** GDT's ended today. :(

You give me more respect and I get the team more wins. That's the bottom line. :D

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
I may try to clown you time to time cuz you're not the golden god of hockey in San Jose that Jumbo is, but I still got love for you and your magnificent goal scoring awkward eyebrows PF. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad