GDT: Sharks vs. Kings - "Nuke 'Em High Edition" - 7:00 PM - NBCSN, TSN2, KFOX

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
I was very surprised to see Burns make the mistake he did on the LA goal.

Looked to me like a pretty standard 2 on 2 until Burns went to pressure the puck and let Kopitar slip past him. Not a mistake you would expect from an ex Dman turned Forward.

Stalock looks like he is legit. Solid game from him again.

Quick should be the starter for team USA.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I was very surprised to see Burns make the mistake he did on the LA goal.

Looked to me like a pretty standard 2 on 2 until Burns went to pressure the puck and let Kopitar slip past him. Not a mistake you would expect from an ex Dman turned Forward.

Stalock looks like he is legit. Solid game from him again.

Quick should be the starter for team USA.

I think Burns thought Boyle had Kopitar coming back and didn't realize that wasn't true until it was too late. Although I don't know why Boyle was caught up the ice as much as he was but that happens with guys like him when they're rightly trying to get involved in the rush.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
They hit 5 posts.... How are they lucky?

Hitting the pipes does not mean anything by itself. There is a difference between goalie giving them no opening versus an open net that was simply missed. I was listening to the KFoX radio broadcast. So I cannot tell which.

Btw, Dan's partner definitely stated that Brown's hit on Hertl was deliberate, regardless of what Brown stated.

This was a game where we really needed Couture, IMO.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Hitting the pipes does not mean anything by itself. There is a difference between goalie giving them no opening versus an open net that was simply missed. I was listening to the KFoX radio broadcast. So I cannot tell which.

Btw, Dan's partner definitely stated that Brown's hit on Hertl was deliberate, regardless of what Brown stated.

There were like 2 bonafide empty net chances that hit the posts.

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
I think Burns thought Boyle had Kopitar coming back and didn't realize that wasn't true until it was too late. Although I don't know why Boyle was caught up the ice as much as he was but that happens with guys like him when they're rightly trying to get involved in the rush.

I think Burns got caught puck watching.

Burns has to realize Kopitar has a few steps on Boyle there and won't be able to regain position.

Unfortunately Burns was watching the puck carrier until he hit his own blue line, at which point it was too late to recover to Kopitar.

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Dustin Brown is such a cowardly piece of ****. I'm literally embarrassed that he's representing our country at the olympics. Not to mention he's also useless as far as the actual winning part goes...

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007

I'm confused, who's Dan and why would he know?

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
You really think Stalock was tested tonight? Or even the last game? There is nothing to judge this by since the team is playing way more defensive with Stalock in the net. He's been great when called upon, but anointing him the savior is really really premature.

Stalock and Commander Sheppard will lead us to glory.

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
So am I only one here who thinks the Sharks should never go on a power play? Man they should have the option to decline it! :lol:

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I thought everyone outside of brainwashed Kings fans knew that Brown was the definition of a coward?

Too bad the Sharks couldn't put this one away and drop the gloves even if he wasn't willing to. Why play against Brown with honor and respect when he has never played with either?

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Right before Fraser and Burns got into it. It started in the Kings' zone and Tommy chirped him all the way up the ice.

Ya, I think that was his 2nd attempt at getting Brown to engage but instead, Burns got caught up with a 4th liner and took a bad penalty, even if it was offset...that certainly wasn't one of Burns' better games.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
The Kings are very good at killing penalties. The Sharks power play has been Jekyll and Hyde all year.

Boyle is a big part of that but more than anything it's the injuries. We had to break up the first PowerPlay unit and we don't even have a second power-play unit really. Once we start getting bodies back and we can put the one PP back together and have a good second power-play unit I'm pretty sure will get back to the top 10

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I thought everyone outside of brainwashed Kings fans knew that Brown was the definition of a coward?

Too bad the Sharks couldn't put this one away and drop the gloves even if he wasn't willing to. Why play against Brown with honor and respect when he has never played with either?

Did you see the L.A./Van game? L.A. has no issues turtling to draw a 7 minute power play.

JayP812

The Team of Tomorrow
Aug 16, 2010
Bay Area
So am I only one here who thinks the Sharks should never go on a power play? Man they should have the option to decline it! :lol:

Every time we play LA there is a comment about how terrible our powerplay is. People don't understand just how good the Kings' PK is.

AstroDan

Stars, cars, guitars
Jan 29, 2009
NorCal
glad to see Marleau in playoff form, invisible the entire game and coasting in the offensive zone with one minute remaining and the Sharks needing to tie it.

Yup.
If we healthy scratch him, we probably score 4 and win.

AstroDan

Stars, cars, guitars
Jan 29, 2009
NorCal
Trade Nemo. Get Miller for a cup run. Then start Stalock next season.

Somehow also get that LH PMD and not take too much away from the current line-up. Havlat is traded in this scenario as well.

:sarcasm:

We don't need an $8 million goalie.
Defense and GA are not our short-comings.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
glad to see Marleau in playoff form, invisible the entire game and coasting in the offensive zone with one minute remaining and the Sharks needing to tie it.

good to see Thornton take two hideously lazy penalties and totally be worthless.

how did I do?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad