GDT: Sharks vs Islanders: 7:30pm. Payback edition.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Last time he admitted to an injury, he was inexplicably scratched for Paul Martin. Hope he's fine and not just pretending to be.

If you say you're hurt and get scratched it's not "inexplicable". It's very explicable. Being hurt explicates the scratching.

But it's kind of odd to assume he might be covering up when the fact that he honestly is just fine is the simpler and more sensible explanation.

Reactions: LA Shark and slocal

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
If you say you're hurt and get scratched it's not "inexplicable". It's very explicable. Being hurt explicates the scratching.

But it's kind of odd to assume he might be covering up when the fact that he honestly is just fine is the simpler and more sensible explanation.

It’s not that he was inexplicably scratched while he was injured, it’s that he was inexplicably healthy scratched once he was healthy. Ryan got hurt last year and never even got a chance to play regularly once he’d healed.

I’m not assuming he’s hurt. I just think it’s reasonable to question how solid Ryan’s word on a potential injury is.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
It’s not that he was inexplicably scratched while he was injured, it’s that he was inexplicably healthy scratched once he was healthy. Ryan got hurt last year and never even got a chance to play regularly once he’d healed.

I’m not assuming he’s hurt. I just think it’s reasonable to question how solid Ryan’s word on a potential injury is.

It wasn't inexplicable. Pete liked Martin better. I don't agree with it, but it doesn't defy explanation. It's well known that pete plays favorites.

I also feel that in the absence of any evidence to the contrary there's no reason not to take Ryan at his word now.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
It wasn't inexplicable. Pete liked Martin better. I don't agree with it, but it doesn't defy explanation. It's well known that pete plays favorites.

I also feel that in the absence of any evidence to the contrary there's no reason not to take Ryan at his word now.

Why Pete liked Martin better than Ryan was inexplicable, in any case.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
I guess I'm gonna stop by a local festival for the second time today. My friend is going, and there's one restaurant in attendance with especially stellar food. Late SNOG announcement incoming.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
It's pretty clear Joakim's hiding a concussion based on the way he bonked his head on the ice.

He's definitely hiding a concussion out of fear for being scratched. Pete and co are complicit to the NHL conspiracy against head injuries and are definitely not the team you want to go to if you care about your mental health long term.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
It's pretty clear Joakim's hiding a concussion based on the way he bonked his head on the ice.
He's definitely hiding a concussion out of fear for being scratched. Pete and co are complicit to the NHL conspiracy against head injuries and are definitely not the team you want to go to if you care about your mental health long term.

Good thing no one said “definitely”, or we would have looked pretty stupid, huh.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Why Pete liked Martin better than Ryan was inexplicable, in any case.

It probably had a lot to do with Brent Burns saying he felt more comfortable with Martin as well as Burns’ performance improving around the same time that Martin came back, which led PDB to draw a false correlation between the two.

Top4DSJS

Sep 15, 2018
Last minute snog. 5-3 sharks (EK nets 2, Burns, Shovels, Hertl) (Barzal, someone, someone) Just win baby!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad