GDT: Sharks vs Islanders: 7:30pm. Payback edition.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
f*** I missed this game :(

Heard the hubub about the end of the game from a friend watching though. What a bunch of sore losers, and I LIKE the Islanders.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
SNOG announcement

Gon' miss this game I think.

Sharks 4-1
Kane x 2, Couture, EK65
Eberle

Sharks 4-1

Labanc X 3, Donskoi
Not Meier (Barzal)

My bad, guys. I finally caught up on the game. We have a tie for the SNOG tonight. Well, last night, I guess.

Congrats to BaileyMacTavish for your first SNOG in a long while (reportedly, because I don't know your old screen name) and Kcoyote3 for your first SNOG in a shorter while!

SNOG 2018-10-20 BaileyMacTavish Kcoyote3.jpg

#Date / Opponent
SNOG Winner(s)
Result
1Oct. 3 vs DucksnoneDucks 5-2
2Oct. 5 at KingsPackShark, HOOCH2173, Herschel, Ol Dirty PirateSharks 3-2 OT
3Oct. 8 at IslandersnoneIslanders 4-0
4Oct. 9 at FlyersnoneSharks 8-2
5Oct. 11 at RangersnoneRangers 3-2 OT
6Oct. 14 at DevilsnoneDevils 3-2
7Oct. 18 vs SabresfasterthanlightSharks 5-1
8Oct. 20 vs IslandersBaileyMacTavish, Kcoyote3Sharks 4-1
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Rank
2018-19 SNOG standings
# of SNOGs
T-1.BaileyMacTavish, fasterthanlight, Herschel, HOOCH2173, Kcoyote3, Ol Dirty Pirate, PackShark1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: one2gamble

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
That was so much fun... I know we haven’t really played any good teams yet but this team is flying and we haven’t even seen the best from Karlsson yet. Nashville will be the first real test of the season, so hopefully this dominance carries over.

Man, Sorensen may not be the most skilled guy in the world, but he’s got a helluva motor and the hands to pull off some slick moves every once in a while. He’s just really likeable. I think ultimately he’ll end up back on the fourth line when Jumbo comes back, but he’s a good spark plug and has definitely earned his spot in the top-9. That Donskoi goal was all hustle from him, Suomela, and Donskoi himself. Just beautiful.

“Solid State Drive” is a pretty good nickname, but I’m personally fond of “How did we seriously get all these guys for free out of Europe, holy shit!!”.

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
That was so much fun... I know we haven’t really played any good teams yet but this team is flying and we haven’t even seen the best from Karlsson yet. Nashville will be the first real test of the season, so hopefully this dominance carries over.

Man, Sorensen may not be the most skilled guy in the world, but he’s got a helluva motor and the hands to pull off some slick moves every once in a while. He’s just really likeable. I think ultimately he’ll end up back on the fourth line when Jumbo comes back, but he’s a good spark plug and has definitely earned his spot in the top-9. That Donskoi goal was all hustle from him, Suomela, and Donskoi himself. Just beautiful.

“Solid State Drive” is a pretty good nickname, but I’m personally fond of “How did we seriously get all these guys for free out of Europe, holy ****!!”.
Yes, the game against Nashville will be the first test to see if they can keep this up on the road, and against Western Final material teams. I like the spunk Kalrsson and Kane give this team. You know, its pretty clear what identity our team has this early, compared to years in the past. I just feel the same way I did in 16 right before couture got injured.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
Waking up this morning, I felt great but kind of icky.
While watching the game last night, I felt as if I was watching the Vegas Golden Knights. This is the way they played last season.
Relentless. Opportunistic.
What’s great is that we are doing this and we have 2 of the best defensemen on the planet.
This is fun.
Go Sharks!!

Reactions: Caesar Rex

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Waking up this morning, I felt great but kind of icky.
While watching the game last night, I felt as if I was watching the Vegas Golden Knights. This is the way they played last season.
Relentless. Opportunistic.
What’s great is that we are doing this and we have 2 of the best defensemen on the planet.
This is fun.
Go Sharks!!

I thought so too. The Sharks are relentless and skilled. It's f***ing great hockey to watch.

Reactions: Phu

Solmors

<3 Data
May 3, 2010
San Jose
Preds and the Canes next, id be very happy with a split there but if we win both that would rule.
The canes game should be really interesting. They are the only team even close to the Sharks in terms of corsi and fenwick.

5v5:
Sharks RankCarolina Rank
CF%61.86 160.42 2
FF%62.86 160.89 2
SF%61.662 62.301
SCF%62.50155.874
HDCF%64.90257.765
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: Phu and Dicdonya

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad